Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

03-07 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel CCV system, crankcase

35K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  Backwoods Electric 
#1 ·
#38 ·
can u pm me all the parts i need to do this please

#6 ·
Same here...just went with 1" ID hose, and ran it past the transmission crossmember on the drivers side, and hung it downwards...
Just make sure there is no droops in the 1" hose that would "hold" any oil, or moisture.
Zero problems, and next to zero cost.

#9 ·
That's the best 200.00 I spent so far to date, since it was installed oil film in intercooler, tubes, and turbo are virtually gone. Installed that CCV kit, with a Banks intercooler, tubes , CFM elbow, and PowerMax Turbo . I bought my truck when it was new in 2003 so I know it really well.

#14 ·
mine has been dumping under the truck for 45k miles in the exact same spot, would you like me to take some pictures to show you my nice clean frame rails? i promise you if there was oil under my pickup anywhere from my CCV i would port it into the exhaust with a piece of pipe welded in to create a venturi effect. Still debating on crankcase vacuum being an issue with that setup but I will be giving it a try

#18 ·
I'm not going to lie, the only part of the hose you can really see is where it dumps over the crossmember, is sets right beside a frame rail so if theres any oil anywhere it will be located at the end of the tube, which i know isn't happening

#22 ·
I ran a 90 out of the valve cover and 3-4 feet of 1" hose to the frame. 50,000 miles now and no oil out of the tube!! Do not forget to plug tha air intake tube and I also made a 3" piece of metal that i bolted to the FICM mount that goes on top of the 90 fitting so it will not come loose or pop out. The 90 used is the one you now have. Cut the metal and hose to remove the fitting.

#23 ·
I think the eBay kit you are looking at looks fantastic. I dont think someone would just throw some hose and a tank together just to demand such a price. A closer look at the craftsmanship of the tank and the components included tells me there was some thought involved. Convenience of knowing everything is included will save time of going back and forth to the hardware store, and knowing you arent dumping oil all over and being nothing better than a BP gas company disaster says something too. People are too quick to just be careless and say a $18 fix is the way to go. Please also consider the way the engine was designed. You wont be scavenging much with out a vacuum source to help pull the crud. Crank case ventilation is a very important aspect of engine performance. Your lower case vacuum will affect how the oil drains back, how your rings seal and how your emissions are controlled. When adding gobbs of power to a motor that was designed to do half of what you are now putting it thru, it will require the PROPER modifications to handle it.

My opinion: $200 is a drop in the bucket for excellent crankcase ventilation and oil control with a properly designed system. You spend thousands on everything else making it bad ass and functional, why skimp on somehing so important. Dumping to the ground is not effective and counter-productive to the environment (and underside of the vehicle).

#28 ·
LOL:nopics:

#29 ·
I too have been wanting to see some pictures of your diy ccv mod. I need to do it this week. Tired of degreasing and pressure washing my motor!

Now... Sig.sound...

Are you ####ing retarded? Not all of us are wiping our ass with 100 dollar bills. So if I choose to save some money to do a mod, then I shouldnt have to listen to a stuck up prick like you, telling me im cheap. As far as im concerned your OPINION should be kept to yourself. How dare you insult these hard working people because they don't want to spend 200 dollars on something that can be done for 20. Another thing; where do you get off thinking this diy mod is going to spill oil all over the place? Plenty of guys have testifyed it doesn't.

Heres a thought for your overpriced bucket. What kind of rig do you have built? Or what did you call it, a car? Why don't you post some pics of your bada$$ "car", so we can see all the corners you didnt cut. The way you have this pos over listed, im surprised you don't drive a duramax. Overpriced and a pos.

Don't expect any love here you enviromentally friendly ####. Your product stinks and so does your opinion... So STFU.

I've decided I'm going to do this mod when I get home this week, then post pics just to shove it up sig.sounds a$$.

#34 ·
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the design or idea. But don't bash me because I can't afford 200 dollars for something I can build for nearly free. Im sure most feel this way.

#35 ·
Think I spent 12 bucks for my hose.
Here is a link to the actual kit where they stole their idea. These clowns are actually charging DOUBLE what NCHornet charges.

WTF is "Signature Sound talking where the donk says this:
My opinion: $200 is a drop in the bucket for excellent crankcase ventilation and oil control with a properly designed system. You spend thousands on everything else making it bad ass and functional, why skimp on somehing so important. Dumping to the ground is not effective and counter-productive to the environment (and underside of the vehicle).
UHMMM.....Signature Sound? Just in case you missed it, International dumps their crankcase vent straight to the ground. As does just about EVERY other diesel truck out there.
Mine dumps straight to the ground, and is VERY EFFECTIVE at venting the gases out. It also has not covered the undercarriage of my truck with oil.

#36 ·
LOL :popcorn:

#37 ·
Lol. Road draft tubes have been around forever.

The only diesel vehicle i don't do it on is my bronco with the idi. That's because it has so much crankcase pressure is so high I'd get in trouble for having it into the atmosphere. It's seriously in need of a rebuild.

My merc is road drafted. The key is to put the end of the hose far enough back so right after you do your oil change you dont smell the oil vapors.

Oh and the bottom of the merc is clean.

#39 ·
Wow, the only signature sound I hear now are crickets.

Cricket... Cricket... Cricket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.