Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.0 bad FICM HELP!!

10K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Excursion2004 
#1 ·
2004 Excursion with 6.0 powerstroke, 107k miles, will start but dies right away, wont run....so took to the dealer and they say FICM, fuel injector control moduel is bad,,, $900 part, $500 labor and need 2 new batterys, another $300+... Its not under warrenty anymore and I cant afford that... could I get a FICM out of a junkyard and swap it out myself and be ok? Dealer says it would have to be re-programmed to match the computer in the truck... they say I am screwed, just buy a new one.... HELP before the stealership rapes me... thanks

Anyone know of refurbished FICM or a place where I can get one, thanks

#2 ·
Yes you can use a FICM from another truck as long as its from a truck, I'm not sure a E-series FICM would work. Would it have to be reprogrammed? Yes and No, I've swapped them around before from a 03 to a 06 and vice versa, they both run fine but set a soft code(no cel light) for FICM and PCM programs not matching, but again they run just fine. Also its not big deal to have the dealer reprogram the FICM. The latest flash for the 04 6.0 you have, reprograms the FICM and the PCM, so no biggie. The right ford dealer can sell you a FICM for ~$650 if you turn in your old one as a core which is a $100 charge.

Hope this helps
Jeremy

#4 ·
I can't belive they want to charge you $500 to install your ficm! there very easy to install and doesn't take very long either. it's located on the drivers side on top of the valve cover. you have to move the degas bottle out of the way and I think it's like 4 bolts that you have to remove and unplug and you done.

#7 ·
Could I just change the ficm, and buy something like a Power Programmer from hypertech, would that reset the ficm pcm setting?? The dealer wants $165 just for telling me what was wrong, and $464 to reprogram the ficm if I change it.... hell I can buy a nice programmer myself if it will work.... thanks again fellas !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.