Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New ******* intake idea......

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  mattymx 
#1 ·
Well I didn't like the stock intake chute so I setout to come up with an improved design without hacking up the rad support. I stole the hose off of a 00 Superduty & cut up a PVC pipe to funnel it. The bottom of the tube has a groove for clearence reasons & should also help shead water.
I have to replace the injector return lines & torque converter but after both of those are done I will give you a full report on if it makes any diffrence! :D

See less See more
#5 ·
Wheres your turbo?

OH, thats right you don't have one :poke:

Sorry i couldn't pass it up. It looks good i'm all for ******* engine-eeering.
Now i do have a serious question. What kind of MPG's do you normally get with that?

#7 ·
Now i do have a serious question. What kind of MPG's do you normally get with that?
Last tank was about 14mpg but I got 16mpg in the summer. Half of that driving is town & the other half is 55-65 country roads & the highway. Never took a long trip on the expressway to find out what it does on there.
I haven't even driven it since I did the intake a few days ago. My injector return lines should be in on Tues & I hope to get the shift kit & new T/C in it soon. Also have to back the pump off a hair so it ain't just wasting fuel when I have to get on the throttle to jump on the highway. We shall see what it does here soon, should act like a new truck........I hope! :doh:

#9 ·
Thats not bad. I was just wondering because theres a older guy around here that dialy drives his when he could be drivin an old LTD. I had always figured he would get better MPG with his truck than the car.

#14 ·
Well update.....Drove it tonight on the road for the first time in about 5 days & am very happy to report that I seem to have lost about 100* off me EGTs! Cools down quicket when I let off the throttle too. :D
I think I might even be able to funnel alittle bit more air in there too. ;)

#16 ·
I'd like to do that but I'd have to move the driver's side battrey to allow more room. If I run it with one battrey or moved the second one somewhere else then I could fit a Wix 6637 in there.

#19 ·
put a leaf blower on there and see if that helps any Rebel....runa generator in the bed to power the blower while driving. OR use a gas blower.

Be kinda cool to see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.