Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Be Careful, Copperhead Pics!

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  platinum01 
#1 ·
Here are a few pics from my webshots of the upper half of my 3.5" downpipe and my CFM+ intake kit pipe that I sent to Jet Hot to be covered in their Copperhead color coating and let me tell you they look SWEEEET! For the color coatings they spray a base coat of their Sterling Silver which is 1300* and then the color layer. I had the CFM+ pipe done this way. For the upper dp I had them to shoot their 1700* Extreme Sterling for the base coat with the color over that. It's impossible to get the camera to capture the richness of this color coating. Unfortunately the Copperhead is a sandpaper like textured coating like ALL their color coatings or I would have done the bottom dp, cc delete, and my stack "Y" in this color- it just looks that good! So for that reason I will only be doing the engine piping and exhaust piping in this color. Here's the link to the album in case the pics don't show up.:D

Dp:

CFM+ Intake pipe:

Look how rich this color is:

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks pretty sweet. When ya gettin it all installed?? Snap some pics and post those up too :) I can't exactly tell but did you get both IC pipes coated? Should look pretty sweet all installed.

#9 ·
Thanks all :D

Thanks, I'll be gettin her installed as soon as I get all the parts back. I need to make an appointment to get a Line X sprayed in before I do it though. As for the second IC pipe- I haven't had the turbo to CAC done yet. I don't want to have my truck dow that long so I'm either going to try to find a good used one to have coated or get one from the dealer:doh:

Thats a hell of a nice truck ya got there, ya dont see that color on the road too much.:ford:
Thank you:D

Did you ever run the 4.0" DP? Just curious and are you doing this in stages for any particular reason? What is the turn-around time?
been wanting to do this for some time and if I did I would pull all of it and do it at once unless for some reason i should'nt.
Any reduction in EGT's, this would be a main reason since mine gets so damn hot easily under load..
I ran a 4" dp in my old 7.3L but not in a 6.0L. People were telling me that you have to beat the hell out of the firewall to make it fit. I'm not sure the benefits would out weigh the trouble? As for doing it in stages- This Copperhead coating has a fine sandpaper feeling texture to it. I didn't know how the texture, if any, would feel. I knew the JH 2000* was textured from when I had my H2E and kit done on my previous truck. I don't want a textured coat like this underneath my truck or on the stack "Y" because it scratches way to easy. So with that said if I would have sent everything in at once I would have had to turned around and sent most of it back to be redone. They would have had to stripped the coating off @$40ft (I believe that's the stripping price) and then paid for another coat. And trust me- their coating isn't some cheap crap done in a garage, lol, it is the best so it's $pricey$. I cannot wait to see the bill for the 5" pipe:doh: but then it's probably going to be done in their 1300* Sterling Silver (cheapest coating)
unless the gloss black they have is non textured. IMHO it's worth every penny. ;)

Turn around time is I believe 7 days for the 1300* and 10 for the extreme sterling 1700* and the JH 2000*- from once they get it to when it leaves.

#6 ·
Thats a hell of a nice truck ya got there, ya dont see that color on the road too much.:ford:

#7 ·
Did you ever run the 4.0" DP? Just curious and are you doing this in stages for any particular reason? What is the turn-around time?

been wanting to do this for some time and if I did I would pull all of it and do it at once unless for some reason i should'nt.

Any reduction in EGT's, this would be a main reason since mine gets so damn hot easily under load..

#10 ·
hey Scott, been a while. hows the 6.0 coming along. any new pics ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.