FICM WIRE HARNESS MISSING PINS? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 6.0L Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:12 AM
PALMETTOLANDSCAPER
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

FICM WIRE HARNESS MISSING PINS?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE WIRING HARNESS FOR A 04 6.0 FICM IS SUPPOSED TO BE MISSING ANY PINS? THE LARGEST OF THE 3 CONNECTORS IS MISSING SEVERAL PINS IN THE FITTING ITSELF. THE OTHER TWO SMALLER CONNECTORS HAVE ALL THE PINS THAT I CAN TELL. I JUST HAD FICM REBUILT TODAY AND THEN RECONNECTED IT AND WONT CRANK BUT TURNS OVER. SHOWING CODES U0306(SOFTWARE INCOMPATIBILITY) U0105(LOST COMMUNICATION) AND U0105 AND PO671. ANYBODY GOT A CLUE ABOUT THE PIN COUNT AND ANY OTHER HELP ON THIS SITUATION?
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 01:14 AM
Fordfreak4life
Haters Gonna Hate
Member's Gallery

Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life
Re: FICM WIRE HARNESS MISSING PINS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALMETTOLANDSCAPER View Post
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE WIRING HARNESS FOR A 04 6.0 FICM IS SUPPOSED TO BE MISSING ANY PINS? THE LARGEST OF THE 3 CONNECTORS IS MISSING SEVERAL PINS IN THE FITTING ITSELF. THE OTHER TWO SMALLER CONNECTORS HAVE ALL THE PINS THAT I CAN TELL. I JUST HAD FICM REBUILT TODAY AND THEN RECONNECTED IT AND WONT CRANK BUT TURNS OVER. SHOWING CODES U0306(SOFTWARE INCOMPATIBILITY) U0105(LOST COMMUNICATION) AND U0105 AND PO671. ANYBODY GOT A CLUE ABOUT THE PIN COUNT AND ANY OTHER HELP ON THIS SITUATION?
to start with can you please turn off ur caps?

WONT CRANK BUT TURNS OVER<- this statement is contradictory, the engine is spinning yes or no?

sounds as if the ficm may possibly need to be reflashed, depending on what was replaced
Old 01-14-2011, 01:24 AM
PALMETTOLANDSCAPER
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

yes, it will spin over but will not crank. if i wouldve kept trying it wouldve burned up the starter. when i had it repaired today they DID have to put a different board in one side of the ficm because they said one of the traces was damaged and unrepairable. this was the side with the capacitors and was told that if this side was replaced, the ficm would not have to be reflashed because the other board was the one that held the memory and the one that was replaced was the voltage converter side... go figure!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:25 AM
Fordfreak4life
Haters Gonna Hate
Member's Gallery

Quote:
yes, it will spin over but will not crank. if i wouldve kept trying it wouldve burned up the starter. when i had it repaired today they DID have to put a different board in one side of the ficm because they said one of the traces was damaged and unrepairable. this was the side with the capacitors and was told that if this side was replaced, the ficm would not have to be reflashed because the other board was the one that held the memory and the one that was replaced was the voltage converter side... go figure!
was it the large board or the small board?
Old 01-14-2011, 01:26 AM
id: 5520
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

What do you mean by rebuilt?
Old 01-14-2011, 01:33 AM
PALMETTOLANDSCAPER
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

it was rebuilt i assume with newer components that needed replacing. same as if it went to swamps or something. sent it in for a redoing because it was showing 31 volts at idle. its the board with the two black caps on top of the capacitors.. it is broken where the two capacitors on one side have two legs each that have to be pushed down a little while u retouch the solder joints.. does that help any?
Old 01-14-2011, 01:35 AM
PALMETTOLANDSCAPER
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

it is showing 48 volts, i was shown on the workbench before i left with it and it tested 48 on truck with key on and during cranking, just dont know what it is running, well because its not running!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:36 AM
Fordfreak4life
Haters Gonna Hate
Member's Gallery

Quote:
it was rebuilt i assume with newer components that needed replacing. same as if it went to swamps or something. sent it in for a redoing because it was showing 31 volts at idle. its the board with the two black caps on top of the capacitors.. it is broken where the two capacitors on one side have two legs each that have to be pushed down a little while u retouch the solder joints.. does that help any?
theres a small board that 3"x4" roughly and the other is the same size as the ficm housing, i do believe they replaced the power side of the board but i think you may need to check into getting it programmed
Old 01-14-2011, 01:45 AM
PALMETTOLANDSCAPER
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

ive looked for chafed wires and such, no luck. checked fuses and all good. but the codes all pointing towards no communication issues makes me think that also, but i was REASSURED that reprogramming was not necessary and im going to be pissed if it does after the promises... do you know anything about how many female ends( i assume thats what they are called?) are supposed to be in the actual wiring harness (the larger one) itself? the two smaller ones have silver female ends in each hole to accept all pins from the ficm but the largest of the three has several female ends missing from the truck side harness itself. seems odd to me..
Old 01-14-2011, 01:47 AM
SINNER
< YOU WISH...
Member's Gallery

Are there wires going to the holes with the missing terminals?

**no links for non site sponsors please**

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 70
02POWERSTROKE7.3, 03-blue-Powerstroke, 03f250powerstroke, 04La4iat, 16yrenthusiest, 2006DIESEL, 2wheeljohn, 428F250, 94slowbra, alwil, Arctic Fox, bad moose, bigbadford01, bigbearpowerstroke, bismic1, BPR83, BrickP, BUFF, bustednuckles, carpenter98, cattlehauler, Chip, coldhanz, Dave-pls, Dirtyryder, djanzen, eleventhtruck, F-127, F350POWERSTROKE, faycal1974, Fordfreak4life, Goonk, Goose, gracing, Hawnpowerstroke, hill_billiez, huck2080, id: 5520, irontx25, Ithumpwheniwalk, jdc753, jello, jfleming, jonnysteals, joostmee, jzamluk, Kountryboy 6.0, kyle43335, matts05f250sd, matty169, MColeman, mrc350, PALMETTOLANDSCAPER, panheadmark, pccurr, petesripper, pjerrn, POORBOY1964, RocknRoll, samoht517, seanmesaeh, shadow6.0, silverbeast, silvernblack6.0, SINNER, SLO DZL, sonic blue l, tb04super6.0, TWEETER, tyler886