Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

sticking turbo??

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  kh_strokin07 
#1 ·
The noise the truck makes when the veins open an close is noticable when you have straight pipe cuz it makes a hissing sound right? well until three months ago my 04 doesnt do it anymore... could my veins be sticking?i dont know much about the VGT turbos but i boost around 30 WOT and that sounds about right and the truck runs fine.. could my turbo be on its last days? is their anyway a guy could clean these turbos?

#2 ·
#3 ·
AWESOME link! thank you

#4 ·
in most cases if youre turbo is sticking youll notice it whill driving and get a cel

#6 ·
If it's running good, leave it alone. It's funny how alot of 6.0 owners exhibit that same traits as a hypochondriac. LOL Not trying to be a d!ck either. I'm guilty of the same thing. Just an observation. I got over worrying about it. Was driving me nuts. Along with anyone that would be in the truck with me.

#7 ·
Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt the latest re-flash cycle the veins while idling to prevent sticking? Maybe its the tunes that have stopped the cycling...

#8 ·
You are correct. Cycles them alot. With or without a tune.

#10 ·
i dont know which flash i have either i bought the truck in last december and i havent had it flashed since. it came from a dealer so they couldnt tell me anything. i could hear the turbo cycle while at idle and in gear but sitting still. correct me if im wrong but the loud hissing noises the exhaust make is the veins cycling? anyways it was stock for awhile then i noticed the hissing noices stopped. but no difference in performance. besides the injectors sticking. i fixed them. and recently i put the sct with innovative tunes it runs good it just bothers me an thinking could this be my turbos last days??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.