Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

E99-99.5 hybrid

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  JohnT 
#1 ·
OK, since I know the problem with the 99.5 bellowed upipes (and other things) wont fit the E99, why cant you just put a late 99 pedistal under the E99 turbo and then raise the spider up with some longer boots???

kinda like why couldnt you take just the compressor housing from a 99.5 (front and back plate) on the E99 and then do the above??

just kinda thinking out loud, but would like to hear some opinions.... except the bashing opinions!! :D

Thanks
~Jim

#2 ·
There was a guy on TDS a few years ago that took an OBS turbo and put a SD compressor housing on it.

As far as the pedestals, the OBS and E99 bolt from the bottom up and the 99.5+ bolt from the top down, so they're not interchangeable.

It may be best to just do the swap to 99.5+ stuff, find the turbo and get the bellowed pipe kit.

Dave

#3 ·
As far as the pedestals, the OBS and E99 bolt from the bottom up and the 99.5+ bolt from the top down, so they're not interchangeable.
Dave
Lost me there. My E99 pedestal bolted on from the top. Bolt the pedestal onto the motor, than bolt the turbo onto the pedestal.

#4 ·
um, im pretty sure my early 99 pedistal looked the same except for the height as my late 99 pedistal.

I am unsure if it would work but i think the spider pipe would not line up, since you just lifted the turbo up higher.

#5 ·
Could you not fix that with some longer boots?

Just wondering, I am in Kinda the same shape as Jim.

#6 ·
That im not sure of, but i would think it still would not work, due to the fact the way the spider is, and the boots would not line up easily enough to work. I know when I put my spider on if the boots were longer, it would seem like it would be at the wrong angle to work.

#7 ·
Makes sense, what if you used later model intakes? I know the perfect answer, someone needs to make bellowed uppipes for the early '99's.

#8 ·
Im not sure, if i can get some time this weekend, my buddy has my old e99 spider i can compare it to mine now, and see if there are any height differences.

I thought a seen that BWD had some bellowed up-pipes for an early 99?

#10 ·
OK, would the 99.5 spyder fit to the E99 turbo???

I know I am trying to do things the hard way but I know if any of this would work, it would be much cheaper or similar performance....

but I was thinking that the center section and turbine side of the turbo are the same (I think) so if you raised the turbo up (99.5 ped) and figured out the spyder issue, that the bellows should work! :shrug:

Thanks
~Jim

#12 ·
No iirc the spider doesnt fit, there is an issue with it. It would be possible if the compressor off a 99.5+ would fit the early99 turbo(dont know if it will), and you had the spider and intake manifolds, then the bellowed up-pipes would work for sure. Since the early99 had small intake manifolds then the later ones, you would need the manifolds also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.