Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Largest H2E Mounted Turbo

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  powerstrokenstang 
#1 ·
So what is the largest turbo that uses an H2E mounting kit?

Sam

#2 ·
Here I thought this was an easy question that I just didn't know the answer too... Didn't know I would stump the greatest minds on the internet :doh:

Sam

#4 ·
Bahh - I am not looking for diesel minds. Looking for keyboard racers for help - you know the reliable kind :) Silly bastards with running trucks :doh:

Sam

#5 ·
Dont know about THE biggest, but you can mount a pretty dang big s-400 on there. At least a 80/88 probably bigger. Hope its not gonna be a single over that size though, unless you got a magic widget that allows it to make power over 4,000 rpm. 75/88 IMO is almost too big for street use. 80/88 is pretty close to unstreetable according to a few I talked to, unless you just like to ride around blowing smoke just above idle --no load.

#8 ·
Good info - thank you. This is strictly for internet research and not for actual use. It would be a single turbo though.

When it comes to turbos, I just PM Andrew.
Who dat?

You talking about turbos that bolt onto a T4I flange? 76mm S300 "Sledgehammer" is one of the biggest off the top of my head.
I was thinking about that series...

Sam

#11 ·
I remember that fella... Interesting that Chuckles said back in the day that an F-350 can't tow with more than 300hp at the wheels...

Sam

#13 ·
I know - but Charles said you can't tow with an F-350 with more than 300hp at the wheels without melting the entire drivetrain (transfer case, differentials, etc). Thought it was humorous that Charles was so adamant about the amount of HP an F350 can handle towing...

Anyways - so far I have the biggest S-4XX turbo you can find?

Sam

#14 ·
Dont forget the brakes issues andrew had also......lol

But , yeah, I only had to machine a little off the very bottom of the s-400 exhaust flange to bolt directly on my h2e kit, could just grind it off easily. Bolt holes lined right up, no clearancing at all. This is a 3" inlet turbo, I think Dave told me he could go a good bit bigger.

#16 ·
I "think" the reason for that specific HP number (actual output at the rear wheels while towing)was that is the power he kept smoking his rear dif and BTS trannys at with his. He is the only one I know that regularly tows heavy loads at three digit speeds:eek: 300 HP is a #### load at the wheels for sustained heavy towing. Reading the way he runs those loads that drivetrain take s serious beating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.