Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Turn signal acting wierd??

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  psd007.3 
#1 ·
it works fine but sometimes when i hit my brakes my left turn signal light on my dash will light up and go out when i release them i have no idea what would cause this...i do have LED front turn signal bulbs and recon LED tailights but any idea what would cause it to come on when i hit the brakes it dont blink it just will light up and stay on till i release them??

#4 ·
yea the front left marker light does light up when i hit the brakes, it doesnt do this all the time just sometimes, since i put the LEDS in for the front markers soo im wondering if it has something to do with that..i talk to PUTCO bulbs and they said i need to put load resistors since the LEDS draws real low power that would fix the hyper flash but im wondering if it has anything to do with the braking problem??

#9 ·
For a subsitute, you can mix DOT3 brake fluid and washer fluid together, equal parts. Not sure where you put it though.

#10 ·
Is that washer dot fluid?

#11 ·
check that the wires on you're trailer wiring harness arent touchin or shorted out,this problem only usually happens when two wires are touching each other and when you hit the brakes it sends power to the brake lights and also to the signal light turning the light in the dash on,or maybe its somewhere else along the frame.

#12 ·
it was the LED fron turn signal bulbs causing the problem i guess because they draw soo little voltage it was messing everything up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.