Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

few random ?s...

567 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  danbonzo 
#1 ·
First off, I have a s&b air intake (on truck when i bought it) but it wasnt sitting all the way down in the slot for it, the housing or whatever and the factory snorkel and the s&b snorkel wasnt mated up exactly.... the filter was nasty so i took it out to clean and when i put it back in, i can get it lined up either... i had it, but when i went to hook the boot up it pulled back up.. leave it? and is there any type of "zoodad" for these as well? actually thought about not even putting the housing and lid back on since it wasnt mated up anyways....??
and
any good replacement filters for the one that comes with it? its pretty bent up from being taken out too...

Livewire, who has them and has anybody done anything better as a mounting solution?? i have just been tuning my truck and unhooking everytime but i had a few minutes today and ran the wire to mount it and it looks retarded as crap and very unsturdy at that.... on a few monitors ive helped instal without pods we just used 3m tape on the bottom and worked/looked fine... but since the livewire plugs in from bottom, not as easy...
and
can you set the livewire up to shut down when you turn off the key or have to manual power down everytime?
and
when i go to use it as a monitor for gauges, i can only figure out how to do it with it datalogging or somethin (a timer is running whole time...)
and
on the tire size thing... is there any formula similar to the tire revs calcuation putting peice of tape down and measuring one full rotation method to get tire diameter? since measuring with a tap from the ground to top of tire and going off what the manufacture says the diameter is are both pretty faulty ways to know exactly what your tire size really is...

input appreciated!! thanks guys!

See less See more
#2 ·
I run an S&B CAI and have no problems w/ it. I will say in fairness that when I installed it I wasn't blown away by the fitment. I did take some attention to install it initially but once all parts were placed, tweaked, then clamped down it was a nice tight fit. I think that since its been installed and heat soaked hundreds of times now all the plastic and rubber parts have "settled" in even more. The initial fit seems to be why alot of guys jumped ship to Afe. As far as filter replacement offerings for the S&B they do offer a dry disposable element now for about $45- which flows almost as well as the cotton gauze media.
Livewire I can't help you out w/ I run dashdaq/ Spartan. Goodluck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.