Hard steering FIXED - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 7.3L Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:14 AM
doubledoor
Canadian Stroker
Member's Gallery

Talking Hard steering FIXED

Well after spending alot of time and money I finaly fixed my hard steering problem! With the help of a couple PSN members that convinced me to go to ford and buy one of their p/s pumps I did. Here is the quick version. After 8 years I got hard steering when not moving. Put a parts store pump on. No better. Put a ford one on. A little better. Took it back and put another ford one on. BAM problem solved.
autometer NV boost,pyro,water temp and oil pressure
WW2,BRV
DP tunes - QI,60E,80E,40T,60T,100,120.
EBPV delete sensor.
blank pedestal and EBPV housing
ATS turbo housing
DI up-pipes.
2007 headlights,2008 taillights,2010 tailgate
17"Atx ledge with bfg AT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 03:55 AM
doubledoor
Canadian Stroker
Member's Gallery

Re: Hard steering FIXED

What nobody is going to say don't waste your time and money that is just the way they are?? It is normal to have hard steering.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Myles_S
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Not hard..but not as easy as hwy driving speeds.

PS pump in run of engine rpm so at a idle there's not as much fluid pumping through
I ride solo, being able to converse with yourself is a skill that creeps up on you.
Black Ops 360
Gamertag; See Ya LATER 73
Old 04-10-2010, 10:03 AM
genuineford
dinnerbooter treasurer
Member's Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to genuineford Send a message via AIM to genuineford Send a message via MSN to genuineford Send a message via Yahoo to genuineford

I got a NAPA pump and it steered like crap, I broke that one pulling my engine out and went and found the cheapest one I could get. It was from oreilys auto and the thing works better than it ever did.
dinnerbooter #3
Old 04-10-2010, 12:06 PM
clydesdale
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Congrats man. I have heard horror stories about this. Mine has always steered fine, even when still. It gets a little more difficult when I am running my 33x12.5 tires, but with stock it is fine. Glad to hear you got it solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledoor View Post
Well after spending alot of time and money I finaly fixed my hard steering problem! With the help of a couple PSN members that convinced me to go to ford and buy one of their p/s pumps I did. Here is the quick version. After 8 years I got hard steering when not moving. Put a parts store pump on. No better. Put a ford one on. A little better. Took it back and put another ford one on. BAM problem solved.
2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Tom S
-Moderator-
Member's Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

Why is it so damn tough to get a good replacement Power Steering pump.
Aeroturbine exhaust, Aeroforce OBD Scan Gauge, Truxedo tonneau cover
Dana 60 Precision Metal Fab RSK and SD Springs
Old 04-10-2010, 04:14 PM
doubledoor
Canadian Stroker
Member's Gallery

There is no quailaty in rebuilds. Our trucks are so heavy that if the pump is not running at 100% pressure it wont turn. The first one I got from ford if you reved it just alittle it would turn easy. So the pressure was almost there. Such a fine line between working and hard steering.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:52 AM
boonman
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Hydraulic ram and high output pump fixed my issues. Even with an 11' snowplow
Old 04-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Phiber Optik
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

any more info on this high output pump you speak of?

2000 Corvette - JT Trim Vortech

2007 HusaberG FS650

2008 RZR - Z1 Turbo
Old 04-12-2010, 02:28 PM
wampaku
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

give agr a call. or go to agrperformace.com . they make an upgraded factory and a saginaw replacement. if you do the saginaw you need to get your hydroboost ported or you will shear the pump shaft.

2002 excursion limited 4x4- afe stage ii intake, 4" hog performance exhaust, and dp tuner f5 chip

2005 vw jetta tdi- q loader chip for now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 64
00PSD1, 02 CCSB, 1bad306, 505yam, 50gstroked, 6.0cj7, 90ranajo, 95powersmoker, 99dieseldan, Agjake11, bfoster, bigb, billguns1, bpa658, BrettMavriK, BuickLeSabre1960, C1Boi, cadd, claybuster, codyryan07, cordovaex, coxral, dbailey1111, Dieselgeek, dieselman81, dmaxchoker, Eng53ine, Erik_Lee, F250 Fever, ford4x4guy74, glovemeister, Got4wd, JCart, JerseyJim, Jlh0324, Jordy53, KH250, kolb, Loonatic, LuckyFarmKid, machete31, mattr66, maverick5.0, medlin80, MotleyCrueCab, n20, No Regrets, OUTLAW-OFFROAD, papasmurf diesel, Phil G., Plumbnman, POWERSTROKE_HER, RideRed, rjs99ps, scott99psd, shortkleinberg12, smokenstroker99, Snyda88, StandAlone, stlhdfishr, tch.280, zx800x