Factory Ford remote start? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 6.4L Power Stroke - Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Dzchey21
WWDD
Member's Gallery

Factory Ford remote start?

Anyone know if you can just buy the module to have remote start added to your truck, i see on the parts stuff that you can buy the harness, module and some sort of sensor, all for about 300 bucks, i would like to know more info and see how hard it would be to do it, i sure would like to have it this time of year and still use a factory key fob and stuff, my last truck had an aftermarket remote start and i didnt really like how it all worked. thanks for the input.
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 02:18 AM
bbbxcursion
ARMY bound
Member's Gallery

Re: Factory Ford remote start?

I did this on my Excursion a few years ago. I bought an unused Ford kit on Ebay. It works great, never had any issues.
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Old 03-02-2010, 02:38 AM
bcangelo
brandon
Member's Gallery

Best Buy has a remote start for 200 bucks if you are looking to save some money. I just had one put on my truck 2 weeks ago.

Quote:
Excuses are like butts, everybody got one and they all stink!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:50 AM
Dzchey21
WWDD
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbxcursion View Post
I did this on my Excursion a few years ago. I bought an unused Ford kit on Ebay. It works great, never had any issues.
did it pretty much plug and play? thats kinda what im looking for I will spend a little extra dough to have less work involved, i didnt like how i had to tie into the door locks and stuff on my 03, just something i cant see being reliable down the road...
Old 03-02-2010, 02:55 AM
bbbxcursion
ARMY bound
Member's Gallery

No plug and play, that would have been nice though. If the connections are done right, there should not be any problems. I see where you're coming from and I'm the exact same way. I thought the Ford would be more plug and play but it wasn't.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:00 AM
Dzchey21
WWDD
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbxcursion View Post
No plug and play, that would have been nice though. If the connections are done right, there should not be any problems. I see where you're coming from and I'm the exact same way. I thought the Ford would be more plug and play but it wasn't.
Thanks brandon, i will look into it more, i just figured ford could easily tie into the factory key fob to unlock and lock the doors, and could make an easy t for the keyswitch part. My buddy had factory remote start on his 03 and it looked clean under the dash and it looked like things just plugged in.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:01 AM
bbbxcursion
ARMY bound
Member's Gallery

I was looking for the same thing you want. I could not find it, but that was 3 or 4 years ago.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:04 AM
co04cobra
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

What years did ford start offering their remote start?
Old 03-02-2010, 03:47 AM
Dzchey21
WWDD
Member's Gallery

well im pretty sure his truck was an 03, could have been dealer installed thou

I think some of them come from the factory but they might be dealer installed as well.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:59 AM
JYFarmer
PSN Insomniac
Member's Gallery

Did this with an 06. Wasnt offered from the factory. The dealer did it but it was like 700 total. I had the remote start with the alarm and everything. Just from having to deal with the current ford remote start. Id say save your money and go aftermarket. I wish I would have saved my money. The new "factory" system is way worse than the Ford Gold I had the dealer put on.

Facebook
Old 03-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Dzchey21
WWDD
Member's Gallery

thanks for the info
Old 03-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Blk04Snake
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

My F250 had remote start.. It was ordered that way. From what I've read they have a separate building next to the KTP that installs this kind of thing. I wasn't too happy with it, had a separate key FOB for the starter and didn't have very good range. Ford has 2 different types of remote starters, one that is the separate FOB and one that has all the buttons for your doors too. These are made by Code Alarm.

I had searched on this for info for the new truck and the best option I've found is a place called KC Autosound... The guy pre-wires the systems specifically for your Ford and provides instructions and has them setup to interface with your door keypad and any other options you desire. Supposedly most of the remote starts out there won't let you retain the door keypad. I'm going to be getting one from him soon so I'll let ya know how it works out.

2010 F350 Lariat CC/SB BDS leveling kit, Bilstein, BMF, Toyo, Recon, N-Fab, Spartan, AFE, Flo-Pro, MBRP
Old 03-02-2010, 01:54 PM
bbbxcursion
ARMY bound
Member's Gallery

The system I found had the door locks and remote started in one unit.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:31 PM
MudSouth
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk04Snake View Post
My F250 had remote start.. It was ordered that way. From what I've read they have a separate building next to the KTP that installs this kind of thing. I wasn't too happy with it, had a separate key FOB for the starter and didn't have very good range. Ford has 2 different types of remote starters, one that is the separate FOB and one that has all the buttons for your doors too. These are made by Code Alarm.

I had searched on this for info for the new truck and the best option I've found is a place called KC Autosound... The guy pre-wires the systems specifically for your Ford and provides instructions and has them setup to interface with your door keypad and any other options you desire. Supposedly most of the remote starts out there won't let you retain the door keypad. I'm going to be getting one from him soon so I'll let ya know how it works out.
I'm real interested in what you come up with also. I had a stick in my last truck so it was out of the question. I did buy one from Best Buy for my wifes Maxima. But because Nissan has auto door delay locking bullcrap and some other odd "auto" sensors it acts very weird at times. It did require a seperate operator, if you got out of the car while it was idling and closed the door it would lock auto on its own, If you unlocked while it was idling then start to pull up on the handle it would lock real quick...and some other quirks. But if you ask my wife it was the best upgrade she's had in a car..especially in Mid Winter and Mid Summer.

ROLL TIDE!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:45 PM
bcangelo
brandon
Member's Gallery

I know the one that i put in my truck has an option for a stick. But it was around $500 installed at best buy. It has a range of up to a mile and it works well. Has a little screen telling you what the temp is in your truck, if someone messes with my truck it tells me doors, hood, etc.. Really nice to go down to a warm truck in the winter. My wife's car had the factory remote start and it was crappy.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:58 PM
jdgleason
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Ill get a hold of Scott down here.... He was talkin about gettin one put on his truck

-JD
Old 03-02-2010, 11:17 PM
norris
It$ only money
Member's Gallery

let me know what you find, i want that AND dvd....... were so deprived lol
'99 F250-7.3,8in on 38s,7in stack,AFe Intake...
Thanks to:
http://www.dpfdeletekits.com
http:/www.elitedieseleng.com
Old 03-03-2010, 12:03 AM
JYFarmer
PSN Insomniac
Member's Gallery

Is there anyway to install one of these if you have the factory remote system. I really am dissapointed.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:49 AM
bcangelo
brandon
Member's Gallery

i know mine overrides the factory system but not sure on the remote start
Old 03-03-2010, 12:23 PM
supr87gt
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

subscribing
Old 03-04-2010, 02:12 PM
MudSouth
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk04Snake View Post

Is this the one your talking about? I think its the ford version.
http://kcautosound.com/Ford-c-736.html
Old 03-04-2010, 05:20 PM
JYFarmer
PSN Insomniac
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by supr87gt View Post
subscribing
U get those mirror caps yet? Hope they werent damaged too bad man.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:37 AM
bk005
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudSouth View Post
Is this the one your talking about? I think its the ford version.

Definitely call this guy. He turned me on to the Compustar, and it works perfectly, just what I wanted. He will also pre-wire for your truck ,and send instructions. Also answered my questions on A SUNDAY<<<<< WOW I was impressed.

Untitled Document
Old 03-07-2010, 06:03 AM
Morkable
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

I have the factory installed one on my truck,, imho it is junk. It is a seperate button, and all it does is start the truck. No range and will only let the truck run for 15 minutes. Our company truck has the dealer installed 2 way Ford Command start.. not sure how hard it is to install, but it is IMO better.. although the dealership swears up and down that it isnt that good of a unit
Old 03-13-2010, 04:14 PM
MudSouth
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkable View Post
I have the factory installed one on my truck,, imho it is junk. It is a seperate button, and all it does is start the truck. No range and will only let the truck run for 15 minutes. Our company truck has the dealer installed 2 way Ford Command start.. not sure how hard it is to install, but it is IMO better.. although the dealership swears up and down that it isnt that good of a unit
Does the one you dont like look like the one in this link?

Old 03-13-2010, 04:32 PM
djanzen
PowerStroke Fanatic
Member's Gallery

the ford remote start system is built by CODE SYSTEMS INC. you can look it up on the net, sign up on there site and have access to alot of information.
I have a pdf file with all years,makes and types of remote start. i am currently doing this to find a replacement remote for my truck. I have what ford calls the FORD GOLD REMOTE START AND KEYLESS ENTRY. had it for about five years range is very good 1/4 mile or better. I like it because it is one remote for doors and remote start.
Code Systems Tech Services
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 701066.pdf (68.1 KB, 37 views)
Old 03-13-2010, 05:33 PM
bbbxcursion
ARMY bound
Member's Gallery

The factory system I installed has the remote start and lock functions in 1 fob. There is not a separate fob for the starter, that would be stupid. You can program it to run for longer than 15 minutes. The 'wait to start' light can also be used so the glow plugs can be used in the winter. It can flash lights and do a bunch of other crap if you wire it in.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Morkable
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

man, mine looks nothing like either of those. I will take a picture of it later. but it is just 1 single button, and the lock unlock buttons are on a different fob. I hate it with a passion
Old 03-14-2010, 03:09 PM
MudSouth
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanzen View Post
.... i am currently doing this to find a replacement remote for my truck. I have what ford calls the FORD GOLD REMOTE START AND KEYLESS ENTRY. ....
Are you looking to replace just a lost FOB or are you looking for a whole new system? If new system then why?
Old 03-14-2010, 07:52 PM
djanzen
PowerStroke Fanatic
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudSouth View Post
Are you looking to replace just a lost FOB or are you looking for a whole new system? If new system then why?
Just the fob's, one has the symbols worn off of the button's the other did not like falling thirty feet to the concrete!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:43 PM
JYFarmer
PSN Insomniac
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanzen View Post
I have what ford calls the FORD GOLD REMOTE START AND KEYLESS ENTRY.
Code Systems Tech Services

I have that too. These freakin trucks are not cheap. But the freakin factory remote start aint worth buyin. Im going to put a clifford in mine if it can. I hate to pay for something twice.... but thats about my only option.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 65
06HD BOSS, 2010FX4, AlbinoRhino, BCB, bearbranch, BIG-T, Blk04Snake, bobush, cglenn, co04cobra, coolvette, Country, CPOSharkey, creekboy269, csilva187, darkstar, Dieslnevan2009, Dirt Floor Poor, dswindell1230, dueller, empireskidloader, Fahood333, farmman57, fastbee, fdny136, fireresource, Got4wd, harrymank, Hessdawg, hirollin87, isistwinteryet, jford03, kleake, kruser02, LuckyFarmKid, mddevore, mikek4599, mrbigzrio, mrivers, narcco, northid710, nukemF350, Patrickpsd, Polar, Pwrstrk23, raptor, rbowen9895, Rcdixon76, ricg, SANDDEMON08, shawz, Skunkskinner, spderjhn, Stang07, Stock., SUPERSTROKED, tensixniner, Tornitron, travisH3, truckman129, UniDub, vanislejimmy, wargle, _INDY_