7 pin blade style plug wiring help! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Other Diesel Topics > Towing and Hauling - The Work Horse Forum
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:09 PM
jaybuller
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

7 pin blade style plug wiring help!

so i need a 7 pin blade style conector for my truck so i can plug in my new rv. all i have is the 4 pin flat style. so i bought the plug i need but dont know how to wire it all up... id didnt include instructions... well here is a pic. if some one could tell me what to hook the 3 wires too..( i know the white is ground ) but what about the other three? thanks yall/

Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, unlimited 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling 15k through the mountains.
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2010, 11:31 PM
TANK'S 250
King Dingaling
Member's Gallery

Re: 7 pin blade style plug wiring help!

This might help

Try this site

Trailer Wiring Diagrams

Old 02-26-2010, 12:17 AM
jaybuller
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

thank you thats exactly what i needed.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:27 AM
TANK'S 250
King Dingaling
Member's Gallery

no prob...glad I could help...
Old 02-28-2010, 03:36 AM
tbolt
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

If it's an RV they are different than a reg 7 blade. The plug you bought doesn't seem to have enough wires. Seems to be missing the Red aux power to power the convertor in the RV. The rest of it might work but it's nice having that one to charge the RV batt while the truck is running. Example. While hunting in the mtns @ 7000' in temps in the teens I hear some noise in the middle of the night. My buddies trailer batteries took a dump and he had no heat. He backed up his truck, plugged it in and got the furnace going. He couldn't start the gen so he had to use the truck. Just something to think about.
early99 f350 cc, lb, 2wd, drw, A pillar autometer guages, CTS monitor, AIS intake, 4" turbo back cat delete diamondeye exhaust, dptuner, pmt1, jw vb, Swamps ab inj, Adrenaline oil, Coolingmist, 180*T, Trucool cooler, spin on trans filter, Firestone air bags, 2" frt leveling kit, now chased by a 34' toyhauler
Old 03-01-2010, 12:05 AM
jaybuller
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

naw, on this one the black wire goes to the convertor on the rv, and on the truck side it goes strait to the battery. i been chacin down a wiring problem. so ive been through all the wires two or three times now on the truck and the rv. i cant get the brake running lights to come on at all and the blinkers and brake lights are some how showing up on the dim side of the two way bulb.. the running light side... i think it may be a ground issue on the trailer side but still not 100% sure.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:29 AM
tbolt
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

on my fact plug the aux going to the convertor is only hot when the engine is running so as not to run down the batt in the truck while camping for days. if it's wired to your truck batt the conv is on all the time it's plugged in.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:29 AM
jaybuller
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

yeah, its an easy fix just unplug when you park to camp. im usally using my truck for other activities when i camp anyways like fishing or hunting.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:07 AM
tbolt
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Just wanted to point that out. Sounds like you have got it together. My memory is so bad I would forget. I always have my arctic cat prowler to run around in so the trailer stays hooked up. I'm lazy about things like that.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 16
Bleedgreen, headleyj, honda313, jeremiahmercier, Lrsteger, Matt-F350, morefuel, papamac, pappa b's powerstroke, pilot4life, tomspear, Tre Strokes, twstmup, whitjo, willxm