zf6 stuck in 6 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Other Diesel Topics > Transmission Related
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:41 PM
chappy
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
Member's Gallery

zf6 stuck in 6

I have a chance to buy a 00 reg cab 4wd powerstroke for $3000.Only thing wrong w/ it is its stuck in 6th gear.Any idea how bad of a job it would be or what it could be.
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2010, 07:45 PM
roughneck0913
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Re: zf6 stuck in 6

if your lucky pull shifter out and pry back into neutral. then check for worn parts in shift tower or make sure detent balls are still in place
Old 01-21-2010, 12:18 AM
badluck_early99
Going Crazy
Member's Gallery

Send a message via MSN to badluck_early99

yea usually if the are Stuck in a gear its something bound up wierd in the shift forks and not too bad to fix... its the not going in to gears that can be problems lol
1999 F250 PS 6spd, 37x12.50x17 ProComp Xmud, 06 Grill & Lights. DP tuner, Terminator Hpops, Garrett 42, Casserly B codes, FASS Fuel system by DI, H11's, ITP Reg Return W/Bowl Delete, Sknab 6oh Intercooler, DIY Intake, 4'' Exhaust, Itp OBA, Autometer boost and pyro, , ccv

-Richard-
Old 01-21-2010, 03:45 PM
chappy
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
Member's Gallery

sweet,alright that won't be bad then.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:03 PM
mnstroker
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

if you dont pick it up send it my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800joedaddy View Post
It's one thing to get cornholed... its another to pay for the cornholing!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:17 PM
mwalsh9152
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

I used to get trucks all the time that were stuck in gear, and like has been said I just would take the shifter off and pry the forks back into neutral with a prybar.

even if the tranny is junk, its still a great deal. Id jump on it
Old 05-24-2011, 03:58 AM
greasygas
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Thanks for all who posted on this subject

I am extemely gratefull you have save my canadian bacon by making it clear that linkage problems can be jury rigged without r R+R of the unit .. My situation the split pin pin partially wiggles out and causes the forks to bind ..(as seen when looking down in the hole with shifter off ) I did not want to try to replace the pin with a new one and cant really see any way its even possible ..my soulution so far is mild STeel wire laced thru the pin and twisted so it stays in place , and so far its all good news ! I want to get good synthetic fluid too and add that cooler to it as well and take advantage of the pump that is all ready there . you all saved me a lot of money time and skinned knuckles by explaining such a simple thing no on ever heard of before. Think of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars in the hand of mechanics who would have sold a transmission and labor to so many suckers like me !!
cheers from Leon in ALBERTA

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 38
'99 stroker, 03_PSD, 99oilburner, a5t1, badluck_early99, Betaracer, Codydiesel, CTFFEMT, damons250, darklcdfeller, ddillenger, Dieselgeek, Dustin_Z, Goldknight, Goose1995, greasygas, hdchopfather, jarom, jawsfx4, kickstand, knoxville, madpogue, MASMOKE, me2, racerlt250r, Rockyardjo, roughneck0913, slayer7712, Smokin444, sniper_101, snorcr31, steve.s, tench372, tensixniner, The 250, tholt34, towin stroker, zs6.0