what is the biggest tire size i can fit on my dually - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 1999-2010 Super Duty General Aftermarket
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:08 AM
nonuttinacres
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

what is the biggest tire size i can fit on my dually

i want to know what size tires i can fit on my 01 4x4 f350 dual wheel stock rims no lift. whats the biggest size i can fit with no rub i do alot of towing. and if i go with a spacer what size should i run i dont want them to go past my rear fenders
Garrett GTP38R turbo
4in turbo back straight pipes to 6in stacks
s and b intake
Ts 6 position tuner
Banks gauges
05 conversion
19.5's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2010, 12:34 PM
TrailerHauler
Custom Trailer Sales
Member's Gallery

Re: what is the biggest tire size i can fit on my dually

A 255 is as big as you can go before you need spacers in the rear. Others will chime in, maybe with pictures. But I think a 255 looks darn good on a leveled 4x4 dually!

1999.5 F350 PSD S/C 6spd Dually

R.I.P. Will Iott - "This ain't no practice run"

Old 01-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Lonald
Travelin PhotoG
Member's Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Lonald Send a message via Yahoo to Lonald

Ive got 265's all the way around, but did notice the previous owner put 2" Blocks in the front
Old 01-13-2010, 02:52 PM
farm boy
A Ghost these days...
Member's Gallery

You can run a 265 all the way around if you put a 3/8" spacer in between the rear duals. And it will still leave you enough threads to get a full nut on the stud. You will need to jump up to a 2 1/2" or 3" spacer if you want to go bigger. And stay away from eBay when purchasing spacers.

~Cryo'd Forged Rods ~Comp 910's ~DI Push Rods ~ARP Studs ~IH Up-pipes ~GTP38R/1.15 ~238/80's ~Fuelab ~Built Auto ~Matt's Tunes ~Water Inj. ~Gooseneck Brand Flatbed

Rockin' Out with some help from: Alpine / Rockford Fosgate / Memphis / Infinity
Old 01-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Lonald
Travelin PhotoG
Member's Gallery

I dont have a spacer, running 265s just fine
Old 01-13-2010, 03:10 PM
id: 5520
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonald View Post
Me too.. I keep them at 80lbs though. No issue's dragging a 12,000lb excavator around.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:46 PM
farm boy
A Ghost these days...
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Not that there will be any issues, and I know you (Lonald) pull a trailer alot, but with my dads dually (identical to yours) the rear tires would touch if we loaded it with our dual tandem and the backhoe or dozer. Those tires will heat up quick and possibly blow out if they are touching. But some tires are different than others.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Lonald
Travelin PhotoG
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm boy View Post
Not that there will be any issues, and I know you (Lonald) pull a trailer alot, but with my dads dually (identical to yours) the rear tires would touch if we loaded it with our dual tandem and the backhoe or dozer. Those tires will heat up quick and possibly blow out if they are touching. But some tires are different than others.
Ill keep that in mind, I will be getting all new rubber once I get a few jobs in this year, I havnt had a problem yet. (knocks on wood)
Old 01-13-2010, 03:58 PM
farm boy
A Ghost these days...
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Ill keep that in mind, I will be getting all new rubber once I get a few jobs in this year, I havnt had a problem yet. (knocks on wood)
If you come to one of the Texas Diesel Shootouts in Baytown I'll give you a set. I'll try and remember to throw them in my tool box so ill have them. I had 4 of the spacers cut out for my truck back when I was running stock wheels so they didnt rub my leaf spring.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Lonald
Travelin PhotoG
Member's Gallery

I cant lol, Houston Motorsports Park is open now starting this weekend, Ill be out there working Fri-Sun every weekend until March. I could make a trip out to your part of town possibly after this weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 96
$trokeThis, 2006oilburner, 7.3LStrokeR, 76scout, 84crewcab, 85camaroman, 95powerstroke350, 97rattlebox, 98stratusryder, 99.5crewstroke, 99whitePSD, almostfinished, Antonm, Anyonebutme, biasracing, BIGCSS, blackedoutsd, blong2107, blowinsmoke4life, bmflipper, Bogath, brianell, CanadianPS, chrisreedtn, CoreyKalman, cty33390, daveslawn, dbd181, Deerslayer42694, DMDP, dmolson92, dpwilson, dukedrummer89, FarmRig, FL-R, forrest7roughneck, goosyboy, gordo1384, growntexastuff, hanks881, headviking, hirollin87, Horsepowerfarm, indyF-350psd, injected79, JasonJ21, Jkangas1234, jtbowen31, KCMEADOWS, kickstand, KingRanchSick.0, kram, mckeddie, Mikelee, mpawalker, NBACA, ncfishermann, nonuttinacres, northern64, notch86, OldschoolPSD, Orangeracer, orly, otherwyse, pegleg powerstroke, pennsylvaniabo, Pokey jones, Powerstroke2006, PowerStrokingMachine, Pure Evil, RAHRAH, ReconDieselPerformance, RedDragon, rgory, ron86toy, sahrab, sbfjustin, semomotorsports, Semperfidoordie, shatesme, SmokeMakesMeHorny, stevenpopham, Stroker96, strokerdually, strokethis06, strokinak, STROKRSace, superdutyej, Tommy631, trimtrackin, ttford07, TWJ, tyler45acp, xtreamracer8, yamaha416