6.0L no start... Please help!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 6.0L Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Mr. Bob
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

6.0L no start... Please help!!!

I have a 2003 F350 6.0L with a no start. It does not crank over... After checking it out I found that the switched ground from the computer was not triggering the starter relay...

I jumped the ground and the truck cranks over but will not fire..

I have no fuel pump action... not getting triggered... I tried to plug the scan tool in and got no communication... I checked the computer for powers and grounds which were all good, so I took the computer and plugged it into another 6.0L truck and it started the other truck...

Any suggestions??

Thanks!
Bob
1995 Ford F350 XLT CC LB, 4X4, ZF5, South Bend Con OFE, 1996 Cummins, SDX 5X.014 injectors, HE351CW, 175 Pump, mack rack plug, .024 DVs, AFC mods, 4GSK, Studs and O rings and 60LB springs, Colt Cams II cam, 6637 air filter, 4" exhaust, PSD Intercooler, Autometer Cobalt Gauges
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2010, 12:04 AM
MoyockPowerstroke
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Re: 6.0L no start... Please help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bob View Post
I have a 2003 F350 6.0L with a no start. It does not crank over... After checking it out I found that the switched ground from the computer was not triggering the starter relay...

I jumped the ground and the truck cranks over but will not fire..

I have no fuel pump action... not getting triggered... I tried to plug the scan tool in and got no communication... I checked the computer for powers and grounds which were all good, so I took the computer and plugged it into another 6.0L truck and it started the other truck...

Any suggestions??

Thanks!
Bob
I'd run it by cheezit on FTE.com
Old 01-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Tizzo
Member's Gallery

How/When did it quit running?
Old 01-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Jay03GT
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

You've checked all the fuses and PCM relay?
Old 01-06-2010, 05:39 AM
Mr. Bob
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoyockPowerstroke View Post
I'd run it by cheezit on FTE.com
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzo View Post
How/When did it quit running?
Died while driving I believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay03GT View Post
You've checked all the fuses and PCM relay?
Yes I have... all the fuses are good and the PCM relay is working...
Old 01-06-2010, 08:19 AM
PSDPlayer
Captain Negativity!
Member's Gallery

Send a message via AIM to PSDPlayer

You say no communication. No communication on the network or the scan tool doesn't turn on? Does the cigarette lighter work? Datalink power is tied to the lighter, not the power point.

This thing really sounds like it lost key power. PCM turns on the fuel pump relay. Does the FICM even cycle the injectors when you turn the key forward?

Website:www.gogodiesel.com Forums:forums.gogodiesel.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/GoGoDiesel
Email: Doug@GoGoDiesel.com
Phone:954-275-6801 Leave me a message. I can't always answer.
05 CC LB DRW Lariat 4x2 Dropped 3/6.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:27 AM
kyle43335
bring the chain
Member's Gallery

the computer shut down to protect itsself. all the negative outputs arent there. the samr thing happened to my truck. replace the glow plug controller. and it should be fine. let me know if this helps
Old 01-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Mr. Bob
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDPlayer View Post
You say no communication. No communication on the network or the scan tool doesn't turn on? Does the cigarette lighter work? Datalink power is tied to the lighter, not the power point.

This thing really sounds like it lost key power. PCM turns on the fuel pump relay. Does the FICM even cycle the injectors when you turn the key forward?
The scan tool powers up but will not communicate with the vehicle. The FICM does not cycle the injectors, the computer does not turn on the starter relay or the fuel pump...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle43335 View Post
the computer shut down to protect itsself. all the negative outputs arent there. the same thing happened to my truck. replace the glow plug controller. and it should be fine. let me know if this helps
I unplugged the glow plug controller and it still does not turn the fuel pump or any other computer controlled component on.... Should I start unplugging modules until I get communication???
Old 01-06-2010, 08:11 PM
PSDPlayer
Captain Negativity!
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle43335 View Post
the computer shut down to protect itsself. all the negative outputs arent there. the samr thing happened to my truck. replace the glow plug controller. and it should be fine. let me know if this helps
This is just funny.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:22 PM
PSDPlayer
Captain Negativity!
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bob View Post
The scan tool powers up but will not communicate with the vehicle. The FICM does not cycle the injectors, the computer does not turn on the starter relay or the fuel pump...

I unplugged the glow plug controller and it still does not turn the fuel pump or any other computer controlled component on.... Should I start unplugging modules until I get communication???
I would go and check the 30amp fuse in spot 116. That's from the ignition to the pcm. As long as that is good. The first thing to disconnect would be the fan. Then start disconnecting sensors with VREF. Modules on the network would have their own issues.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 58
03kingranch4x4, 04La4iat, 04MT, 04seater, 06 f250 man, 7.3rattler, 997.3PSD, 99whitePSD, Adinas95, ahardiek, bigblak250, Brad Trombley, brute_mt, caseyk, cheezit, CUMMINS_KILLA99, DNichols3288, droflakcin, evil 04, eyoung, flybykota, gaping46and2, genuineford, ghostrw, have12, hhansen, imthemedic, jdc753, jdjanetka, jimdman, Johnboy3, jtaylor75, markt, mattmankow, mct.in.tn, MHJ, oldbluef250, powerstroke765, raradcli65, Rhino6.0, RPMXTREME, sasquatch24, scenarioL113, seven.3psd, shamrock442, shatski, spicychicken, Stripp, Strokin304, Tbobhill, teo9554, tgaliger, thorguy57, toolmangary, turborangerdude, tyler886, wickedwhip21, yamanub