Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

huge dillemna!!

3K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  txpsdcrwchf 
#1 ·
so i decided finally to start building my headache rack, ive settled on a design and began construction yesterday, should be finished sometime this week, unfortunately my lovely wife understanding of the fact that ive wanted a headache rack for quite some time decided to purchase one for me from the local truck acc. shop..... sooo heres my dillemna!!!
1. i continue to build the headache rack i want and tell her to take hers back
or
2. i accept her gift, and stare at the headache rack i would really rather have sittin in the corner of the shop???

lol any suggestions??

#2 ·
Do you like sex? Thats whats going to drive my awnser...:doh:

#3 ·
yea im thinkin this could have something to do with the fact that i bought her a front replacement for christmas???

#4 ·
What kind of rack is it?

You could come at her with "I want to build it with YOU"

You can teach her to weld... I think a woman that can weld is HOT!!!

#5 ·
Id say your stuck between a rock and a hard place.........

#15 ·
Being a woman I'd want my man to have the one he liked and would be ok with taking it back but I'm a very easy going girl jmo

#6 ·
she doesnt know about the rack im building yet, ive thought about maybe completing it, and later on swapping it out, or if i had to, putting it into her truck claiming i was building it for her all along....

#7 ·
what kind of rack did she buy you

#8 ·
its built by a local company, renegade is their brand. its not a bad looking rack ive just seen alot of different racks and combined all the features i like into my design. *shrugs*

#10 ·
lol i dunno i think it would just be easier to finish building mine! *shrugs* well i guess i can always sell the one i build. im sure theres someone who would want it. (ie. theres no way in hell im gonna scrap something ive been working on for the past couple days not after the work ive put into it!)

#11 ·
well that sucks, good thing I'm not in your boat! :D
Just remember no matter what your decision or how you meant it you'll be wrong!

#14 ·
What size rack? C cup? D cup?

#16 ·
man if ur girl is like mine. just put the one ur making on her truck and take the one she got u. but ive never met ur girl so i dont know. i know my gf enough to know shed be crushed if i took her present back.

#17 ·
Yea i think shed be upset if i told her i didnt want it. unfortunately i dont know if my rack will fit her dodge?? i measured it pretty close so it wouldnt be seen around the cab of the truck or over it. i think her trucks bed is mounted a little higher. Well try and see.

heres a pic of my headache rack, still incomplete but with how much work ive put into it i dont wanna just quit! maybe i can get her to buy the rest of the lights for it, and put the other rack on her truck!

headache rack pics

I took a couple ideas from coope3 i really liked his style but im not a fan of the sheet metal wrap and wanted more red led's also like i said i dont want it to be seen around the truck so i changed a couple of things.

#18 ·
Looks good, lots of lights are good. What part of my rack is the sheet metal you are talking about.

#19 ·
Nice looking rack! not the one in the pictures :doh:
I just need some torches to cut the holes for the lights!

#20 ·
I was talking about the flat steel across the top I wanted more support

Yea cutting the holes was a bitch I did it the easy way with a mill and a bandsaw in my grandfathers machine shop.... Actually I take that back even with the shop those holes were a pain.

#22 ·
Yea I think that's the only thing we don't have but he's been doing that for so long he kept askin me what's takin me so long!

#23 ·
IM fairly certain Coope's sides and top are 1/4in steel.. far cry from sheet metal, ill let ya know in a week or so mines on a truck heading north:redspotdance: im sure hell chime back in.

#24 ·
The sides are actually 3/16" thick(almost 1/4) with 2" tubing running up the inside on the sides and almost all the way across the top(cutout for the third brake light) and the full length across the bottom and 1 1/2" tubing across the middles. Believe me, it want bend, and if it does I want to know what you did to it. When you recieve your's Don, you will notice how heavy it is. I hope you like it and I hope the paint matches your truck.

I am thinking of building one similar to one he built above. A guy here wants
three 2" amber lights running up the side. I will probably make the sides out of 2" x 4" tubing to make room for the side lights.

#25 ·
yea i know its steel i corrected myself. i like coopes design with the exception of the cutout for the third brake light i figure if im gonna pout lights into it, theres no reason to cut out.

#27 ·
Yes! Funny story actually.. She was talkin to my grandfather in law and she told him what she was getting me and he goes well that explains it. And he told her how I started this headache rack and that must be why I haven't finished it. She came asked why I didn't tell her whenever she told me she was going to get me one! Wasn't mad at all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.