Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Water injection...which kit??

5K views 58 replies 19 participants last post by  southmike 
#1 ·
Finally got my truck up and running and im seeing extremely hight egts's these pegging my egt gauge...I was just wondering what peoples opinions were on the Hypermax and Snow Perfomance kits is there pro's or cons to each one or which will i see better decrease in temps out of one or the others? btw running an ASB turbo, 300cc injectors, hypermax tapercore with 4inch inlet and outlet, 4inch boost tubes along with 4inch downpipe and 5inch exhaust...thanks in advance!

#2 ·
www.coolingmist.com...

Snows is junk... Cheap plastic parts and a controler thats not worth crap...

Cooling mist has better parts, better kits and a better controler.

#6 ·
think im gonna give the labtop programable kit a shot!

#5 ·
yeah really liking the programable cooling mist kit that i can set up with my lab top and comes with 4nozzles and two pumps think im gonna give it a shot no numbers or times yet once i get this on the truck will be paying jody a visit for my live tuneing!

#7 ·
I have the Cooling Mist Four Nozzle Dual Pump Smart Injection Kit. It is super nice, and David (the owner) has been awesome to deal with.

Setup is not as simple as the Hypermax kit, but your options on system setup are nearly limitless.

#8 ·
David is cool... Need to order up some new injectors and get the last of the snows crap out of here...

#13 ·
You are talking about when you're at full throttle for a bit, right? Just wanna make sure. :D

#14 ·
yes driving normally its only getting to around 5-600 interstate about 7-900 full throttle pegged lol :doh: anyone know what an autometer thermocoupler is rated to cause i think i fried mine its not reading very well after a few full throttle pulls:poke:

#17 ·
Hmmmmmm....I just checked out www.coolingmist.com and that's pretty cool.....can someone educate me on this? They are claiming addl hp.....I had assumed it just allowed you to run a file with more boost ...but does it actually help make hp? Meaning....if install it.......WILL my truck be faster? (in addition to lower egts)

#18 ·
It allows you to run hotter programs with out having to back out due to EGT issues... I could tow 10k with my 120 setting before injectors with the water injection.

As you add meth to it the cooling effect goes down but the HP gain goes up...

at 40% meth I saw 40hp with stock injectors...

#19 ·
Nice.....I like cheap hp.....how long does a 1.5 gal tank usually last? How about towing? Say you're trying to maintain 65 Towing 10,000 up a grade....and it's about max speed you can maintain without getting to high egt....does it suck it up REALLY fast then.....in 30 mins.....an hour? Sorry for the stupid questions...but I really am interested......

Chris

#20 ·
8 gallon tank lasts me about 300-350 miles if I just leave it on... It only sprays if above 8psi anyway.

If I just turn it on when I need it... 1000-1200 miles before I have to fill up...

#24 ·
ordered the Diesel High Flow Smart Injection with a 6gallon tank that im going to mount in my tool box next to my two 10lb nitrous bottles sounds like it sould do me some good with 2 pumps and 4nozzles and lots of diffrent ways to choose when it will spray!

#26 ·
Nice!!! Let me know how it works, I might upgrade from my single pump...

#32 ·
Its ok... Greg has a "peg" leg...

#33 ·
If you are running 50 lbs. of boost or more, the Snow, Coolmist, and the like are a waste of money:doh:

You need at least 500 psi for the water injection to work as designed, especially in high hp racing and pulling applications.

I have a system similar to the 12v one here http://www.haisleymachine.com/water_injection_system.htm

Mine is adjustable from 400-600 psi and has 4 nozzles with replacable jets from .025 to .100.

#42 ·
well im running a little over 60 so looks like ill need something bigger but the cooling mist will have to do for now:poke: funds are getting low and spending over 2grand on a extreme system will have to wait for now....

#35 ·
Where do you get 150 psi per nozzle?:confused:

And it is not enough when you are injecting into a space already at 50+:doh:

On edit:

I had a Snow kit with the PSD. It would use about half a cup of water down the track. Buddy of mine with a "real" injection system would use half a gal. on the same pass!! ;)

#40 ·
Keep in mind Greg's system costs about $2000...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.