Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

SWAMPS TUNING???

9K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  powerstrokenstang 
#1 ·
I was wanting to get my chip burnt by tony wildman for my 97 because Its a little past stock now...;) But for the past month I have not been able to get ahold of him through Email or calls. So A guy told me to send it to SWAMPS for some custome tunes. I was wondering if anyone has any info on how swamps compares to tony. Thanks

#2 ·
Welcome to PSN! Where abouts in Ohio are ya?

To your question, I really like my Swamps tunes. I've only ever run one of Tony's tunes(BulRid8), and I thought it was a good tune as well.

Give Swamps a call and tell them what you've got, Dave and John are really good guys.

Dave

#4 ·
Im from Lebanon Ohio. Just above cincy and about 20 min below dayton. So you guys think ill be happy with swamps tunes? Now will they re tune it for free after my first tune? Im planning on getting a turbo soon and dont know if i should tell them I already have one to get my chip burnt for it or not...

#3 ·
I ran Tony's tunes.

I now run Swamps tunes.

I'm very satisfied. Very.

#7 ·
yeah I called them and plan on shipping it tomorrow. They said same day. Is there only the 6 settings they have for all chips or is there more I have to pick from? I only saw 6 on their website.

#12 ·
Talk to dave and tell him what you want your truck to do and what mods you have, or are plaining. I am very happy with mine :):)
if you tow get the (TDE1-transF350B) I tow a 3horse GN with weekender package (14.500) and I am verry happy with the guys at swamps !!!!

#13 ·
Well I plan on getting a turbo and a fuel pump soon but im not getting bigger injectors and tranny work till next summer. I drag race a little, am always towing, Might wanna pull a little, And want something to fill an intersection or roll some coal while im in neutral or park. I also want the stock and high idle for sure.

#15 ·
alright. well chip is out. On its way to SWAMPS soon. Thanks for the help. MAybe ill post some vids of how she runs after i get it back. And if anyone has any turbo or fuel pump advice id love to hear it. I was thinking about one of these and either a swamps sledghammer or Beans D66 turbo.

Aeromotive 13109 - Aeromotive A1000-6 Injected Bypass Regulators-Overview - SummitRacing.com

Aeromotive 11101 - Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pumps-Overview - SummitRacing.com

1000 HP EFI Street/Strip In-Line Fuel Pump

Walbro Fuel Pump 255 Lph HIGH PRESSURE GSS341, GSS-341:eBay Motors (item 120453147769 end time Aug-27-09 07:32:29 PDT)

I have dual tanks though so I dont know if that makes a difference.:doh:

#21 ·
I ran a 9.0 in the 1/8th mile this weekend with the truck in my sig running Swamps tuning. You will not be disappointed!! Good-luck!

#23 ·
I have a stock SD fuel pump on my '97 that has 200cc hybrids and just dynoed 401 hp at Scheid this past weekend. It does fine set at 65psi, and only drops to around 62 at WOT

-Michael

#25 ·
well to everyone I sent my chip in today. Im pretty stoked to see how it pulls my trailer and bikes up to silver lake this weekend. And Does anyone have anything on how and what i need for this SD pump? Do I take my old fuel bowl/ pump outta the vally?

#26 ·
Do a search for electric fuel systems and you will find a ton of info about what to do. Mine is based off of TomS fuel system write up that he did a while back. Good-luck!

#28 ·
they must have changed something mine has been on almost 2 years and i bought it used.

#31 ·
Fwiw..... you can have a pump on a truck for 22 years if all it does is go on a trailer, off a trailer, down a track and back on a trailer once every couple weeks or so.

Even moderate driving on the street simply doesn't rack up the hours. If you're not putting 100 to 200+hrs a month on a truck it's simply not in the "daily driver" league. And as such, you can get away with a lot more.

Fwiw, I mentioned that the A-1000 works well for a race truck. Still overkill for 99.999% of 7.3's in existence, but a good performance pump nonetheless.

And like you said, you may have simply gotten an old one with the "good" (?) commutator. I've seen them go for years and years. Course those same ones all eventually die, and the com is the culprit each time.

#30 ·
I'm liking my Walbro pump... It was cheap and holds good pressure.

I don't think it would hold if I went with any bigger injectors but it works for me.

#32 ·
maybe its also a change in fuel quality. I for one think the fuel they are producing now a days isnt as high of a quality as 5 to 10 years ago. It sure as heck doesnt seem to burn as hot. at least in ohio thats the way it seems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.