Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Why I am not in a hurry to fix the body on my truck.

2K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  genuineford 
#1 ·
As some of you know my truck is all dented to he** and back. It has been since I bought the truck. I always had intentions of fixing it up but after I was up north this weekend training the dogs for bear hunting I think I changed my mind. I took a couple video's with my cell phone so you guys could see what I was driving in. Now keep in mind this is not the worst stuff I am in up there when I am going through that I have both hands on the wheel trying to make sure I dont slide into anything.

This is how I have my truck set up for the time being. I have to get my other dog box in and I am going to get new tires before I go up again but you get the general idea.

And it is all for this to see the dogs tree a bear.

And another crappy cell phone video of the dogs at the tree.

BTW this is the main reason for the bumpper I built.

See less See more
4 4
#4 ·
lol, thats how the trails are in Black River Falls. Just dont get stuck out there with only your truck. We had that happen once and it sucked big time.

#19 ·
Damn, that truck looks like hammered dammit!! Does it run better than it looks? j/k!

#26 ·
I like it steve, If you ever did want to fix it I think all you would need is a new bed. I've seen the truck multiple times and you got a hell of a deal!

#27 ·
There is actually a bed sitting on the side of the road where I drive every day that one side is smashed really bad. It just so happens that the good side of that one is the really bad side on mine. If I ever see anyone outside when I drive by I am going to stop and see if I can get it for cheep. Between that and some patch panels I could probably make a decent box for my truck.

I have asked at junk yards around here and they want $3000 for a short box SD bed which is just ridiculous. If anyone knows where there is one for a decent price let me know.

#28 ·
Steve shoot a PM to Eric over on the org. He tends to come across take tailgates and beds cheap. Im still kicking my self in the ass for not taking a detour towards his place on the way back from TS and picking up that 08 tailgate:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.