Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

engine derate and check eng light please help

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Shaw 
#1 ·
ok i have a slight problem which just showed up yesterday.
i have a 1997 f350 with stacks and a homemade intake. i had just changed the oil in it a couple of hours before this happened.after i got done washing my truck i just pulled out from the carwash when the cam sensor shut the truck off, restarted and drove away fine a couple miles down the road after a 3/4 throttle run check engine light came on and my engine was derated, no power at all. so i pulled off into a parking lot kinda idling funny and check my gauges and that no hpop oil was leaking out the reservoir nothing was wrong. after i shut the truck off and restarted after a minute truck was fine power up the a** till after a mile down the road again check engine light and no power again shut it off and restarted and on my way i went. now today while i was running it after the 3/4 throttle the check engine light came on and no noticable drop in power

i might also add that the sensor that went into the stock airbox is not installed into my tubing for the new intake but ive never had this problem after installing it two months prior today

#3 ·
or maybe the IDM got water in it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.