Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Some pics of what we've been working on

12K views 110 replies 36 participants last post by  smokinstroker 
#1 ·
Here is some pics of the prototypes of a few things weve been working on. Ill have some more pictures and info, both good and bad, tomarrow evening after they are installed on a truck. Feel free to ask away ill answer any questions as they come. Thanks to Hoss for his hard work and help on this project!

Feel free to comment, good and bad. The reason behind this kit is purely because we feel there arent a lot of readily available fuel delivery solutions that people are truly happy with. We have no intention of making a reg return system as both Dennis and David make awesome kits.

See less See more
#7 ·
The kit will most likely be offered a few different ways. Dont hold me to this, and im most likely shooting myself in the foot for even attempting to give a ballpark, but id like to sell the entire kit with sump, filters, fittings, lines, pump, everythign needed from the tank to the motor, for like 900. The pump in the picture is the 1300 hp pump and i will be testing it at low speed feeding some 285cc hybrids with .013nozzles and fuel side mods pushed with a stage2 stealth. Well see how it keeps up. The filtration is also 2 micron absolute, and i beleive 5 nominal.

#9 ·
The sumps will be available withing the next 2 weeks if the few changes we have planned get them to our satisfaction.

The fuel system is going to still need testing, and then it will have some changes made for production such as waterjetted bracketry, potential hardlines or braided stainless, or both as an option? The pushlock that is on there now is just to get us an idea as to how the flow and filtration work and is not goign to stay. This week ill have a better idea on the pump/filtration availability.

#11 ·
We plan on testing this very thoroughly before its considered "finished" so that is a possibility but still not positive exactly how itll plan out. Im big on keeping testing local if possible as if there is any kind of problem i want ot take care of it asap. People are kind enough to offer their vehicles for testing so if something goes wrong it needs to be fixed FAST.

#13 ·
Yeah, DI had a sump and discontinued it for liability reasons years ago. I Fashioned my own sump out of a sink strainer when told they no longer sold it. Still rocking the truck. Not a single problem from that rascal. What could go wrong? Gravity fed.

#20 ·
Looks good I like that hose layout.

#21 ·
not to derail your chris's thread here or put any statements up, but im running pretty much the same setup on my truck, obviosly the mounting is different but im running the same pump and filters.

im running elite 205's and its all 1/2 line from the sump to the splitter on top of the motor to the heads. and ive had no problems.

the pump flat rips; ive never been able to pull the needle; not once.

with my reg set at 60 it stays there all day and i can adjust it from 5 psi up to 100 with no problems of pressure spiking or dropping off.

one idea would be to put in a new return line as it moves so much fuel and you want to keep it large for free flow.

#27 ·
Yea, ruh roh.

#25 ·
While this should have been taken to PM's first for clarification, ill address it here so everyone can see where we stand.

Joe's sumps were/are great option and at a great price point. We purchased 5 of these sumps and have installed them with great success. After a customer came to me with a Hellmann sump he purchased at the same "Dealer" price i supposedly purchase them for, I figured Joe simply did not incorporate dealer planning into his sumps.

if youd like me to send you one of the sumps, i have no problem doing so, so you can see it is absolutely nothing like yours. When we approached our machinist about making the sumps he asked if we had an example to go off of, and we declined as we wanted it built from scratch off our deminsions rather than off someone elses work/time/effort. Another thing to consider about the "rip off" theory, David used to have the cad files for Matt Millers sump on his website back in the day, anyone and everyone could have copied those if they so chose, and im sure some people did.

As far as the fuel system goes, its not made to compete with FASS, Airdog, beans, Dieselsite, David etc etc. it was made as its own thing as we get asked all the time for a high pressure solution to use on a motor with the factory fuel bowl deleted and this is the only current way we saw fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.