Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Cylinder locations

5K views 46 replies 8 participants last post by  Aljay 
#1 ·
OK, I have aquired a couple of injectors to replace my bad ones. #1 and #8 (of course they could not be under the same valve cover)

Please correct me if I am wrong. Number 1 is on the passenger side on the front and number eight is on the driver side on the back.

I would hate to go through all this work to find out I replaced number 4 and number 5.

#2 ·
driver side goes 2,4,6,8
pass is 1,3,5,7

#4 ·
no, passenger side is odd #'s and driver side is even

#6 ·
no problem buddy

#11 ·
Will do. First time for me, but it doesn't look that hard. I am going to just replace the selonoids first.

How do you remove the Poppet Screw? I would like to try to replace the selonoids and armature first.

#1 and #8 fail buzz.

Eventually I am going to do a rebuild on all 8.

#17 ·
Luckily for me, either way, 1 and 8 are in the same place.
They're on different sides - both VC's need to come off....

and they are both in the farthest/ hardest cyl, to get to (not that hard, but technically) :poke:

#20 ·
I think I am just going to swap out injectors. Forget fooling around with pieces. Looks easy enough. Just remember to purge cylinders before attempting to start.

#21 ·
Agreed. I've been think about the problem you've been having and I think the poppet valve has worn into the lower seat causing solenoid/armature problems. Especially with the way they come on and shut down and all the other components that have been replaced.

#22 ·
Same here. If these injectors don't do it. The only thing left is IDM. I know the injectors will do it.

I have been talking myself out of it being the injectors for a long time.

#26 ·
You got the real machine, huh.

When I got my chip, Tony ran a buzz and contribution, told me #1 and #8 were not working.

#28 ·
OK, I am starting this project about 8ish in the morning. The hard part of the job should be getting to the injectors.

Dammit, I hope this works.

J/K, I know it will. I have actually known it for a long time. Just refused to believe it. Fixed everthing else up to the injectors. Starting with my prepump mods, everything helped a bit. It was stuff that needed doing anyways.

#30 ·
OK Dirk, I will. I am sure swapping out the injectors, I can handle myself. I will give you a shout, and I can drive it to you so we can throw it on your machine. I will for sure holler if I hit a stump. Like if a cup comes out with an injector or something like that.

If I don't see a coppr ring on the bottom of the injector, do I just use a pick and a flashlight to search for it?

#37 ·
She purrs like a kitten. Like Dirk said. Easy peasy. Fired right up, getting on the freeway, looked down and was doing 75 and climbing fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.