Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I figured I would beat tank with a bumper thread

10K views 47 replies 25 participants last post by  Dave R 
#1 ·
Most of you have seen this before but I figured I would post it up here. The top pipe is an air tank and in previous post it has been said that it could hit a rino. :D

It is not quite finished yet. I still have to make a license plate holder and put a valance of some sort under the lights.

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice looking, really really clean

#7 ·
Well if were showing off homemade bumpers, here's what I built. As you can see from the pics it also has an airtank built in.

Attachments

#10 ·
Tank, those are awesome and I admire the amount of time you have in one of those bumpers.

#11 ·
Tank, i need one of those made for my truck!

#14 ·
Most of you have seen this before but I figured I would post it up here. The top pipe is an air tank and in previous post it has been said that it could hit a rino. :D

It is not quite finished yet. I still have to make a license plate holder and put a valance of some sort under the lights.
Damn the fricken whiskey dents in da fender WTF Steve ??? :D

Damn that is nice I like it .

#19 ·
Here is the link to the album in my webshots account. There are pictures here from when I startd to mock it up and my first design with both pipes running the full width of the truck all the way to complation. I tried to take pictures all the way through the process so it would be documented.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563177616mpOWRy?vhost=good-times

To anyone looking to build somthing like this I would suggest getting a lighter steel for the pipes. I used sch 40 pipe because that is what I had laying around. I would definatly go with sch 10 or 20 If I was to do it again. The only reason it works on my truck as well as it does is because I have air bags in it for the snow plow. To tell you the truth I would love to redo it and change a few things already but I don't have the time for that so it will stay as is. Thank you for all the compliments and I hope this inspires someone else to do somthing simular. If you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me or put a post in this thread.

#20 ·
ok, so i better get mine in here somewhere to. some nice bumpers in here. i like that they are homemade.

Attachments

#24 ·
Since we're showing off our creations....

And then I felt the need to do a back one too! :rockwoot:

#26 ·
Nice work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.