Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

DT-360 Conversion in progress

399K views 839 replies 135 participants last post by  Pipewhiner 
#1 ·
I finally made it to Ohio to get my inline-pumped DT360 for the new swap. It was quite an eventful trip but ended well. I dropped the motor off to Carsons on Thursday morning. He will be doing the adaptor plate and motor mounts for me as well as the work on the Bosch pump, probably more as the project progresses.

Mods to be done:

either modify the A pump or go to the P-pump and associated mods
Pushrods and valve springs to prevent valve float over 4200 rpms
S300 or similar turbo

and we're off to the races. I only desire mid 500's on this build for now but according ot hypermax 3000 HP is capable on this motor.

The cummins swap is getting popular so I wanted something different. The DT360 is dimensionally similar to the 5.9 same displacement, but much stronger in almost every department. I will try to keep this updated as the project progresses.

#17 ·
i have thought about a swap like this but always wondered, could you get somethin like this to pass pullin rules since it says has to come in a one ton or smaller truck?

#18 ·
I was also interested in doing the same swap, What are your plans for the trans? What trans will you be using?

#20 ·
Does the BTS bolt right up? I have been looking on the internet for the bell housing pattern on the DT360 but couldn't find anything.

#21 ·
There's alot of misinformation regarding the DT series on various forums. The 360 has an adaptor plate from the block that ends up with an SAE3 pattern. This plate is like 3-4" thick. It wouldn't be practical to start here. We're starting at the block and making our own adaptor plate and flywheel. The starter will also be on the drivers side as the oil filters and cooler are in the way on the passengers side. A 6.0 or even a dodge starter may be used depending on potential clearance issues.
One other thing to note is that there is no mid-mount option for this motor. Two new cross-members or mounting tabs will have to be added, the rear ones incorporated into the new adaptor plate.

#28 ·
The motor fits, almost as well as the 5.9 Cummins. The cross member needs a little attitude adjustment. Motor should be at CNC place getting the adaptor plate made as we speak. I've pared the wiring harness down to the bare essentials, used a half gallon of simple green on the engine compartment from its last rust-proofing episode and ordered the PCS. Thanks to Charlie for the low price hookup there. From here It'll be a short ride to PA for final fitment and then all the little things that will eat up some time will start to pop up.
I've posted an ad for all my PSD performance stuff, so if anything strikes yalls fancy give me a holler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.