Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Highway 444

1K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  BigStroker 
#1 ·
Sittin' in one lane traffic today as they repair the roadway across the Tennessee River at Fort Loudon Dam

Just occured to me what the highway number is (may have to have that sign!) good shot of Tennessee trash too!

See less See more
#11 ·
Most likely would have years ago but now I'm too lazy to go out there in the middle of the night and get it! Just sittin' there bored to death waiting to get across the "dam" bridge! This is but another example of the great wisdom of the TVA. "Hey let's wait until tourist season and then repair the bridge! DUH!"

This is one of the main routes to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and this time of year it is loaded with traffic. Go figure!

#4 ·
Ok im going out on a limb here, whats with 444?

#14 ·
This part of the country is rampant with the dip$hits. The steam plant at Kingston, TN. holding pond for fly ash collapsed after weeks of heavy rains. Polluted two major rivers, destroyed several houses, contaminated water wells, and will cost millions of dollars to clean up. Guess who's electric bill will go up?

#16 ·
even tho I don't have a 444ci I would love that sign...I got many signs my favorite is Farm Road 1 in E. Tx

#19 ·
I was on hwy 444 bout 3 months ago:ford:

BTW knowing a little bout Road Construction there is no GOOD time to repair a road.

If they hadn't done it in summer it would have been in winter when you have school and winter travlers

#20 ·
That's true. The dam bridge was starting to get really bad so I suppose it was time to fix it. Just across the river they spent two and a half years building a new 4 lane and it's in the works for a new bridge below the dam starting in 2011, so this may be the one bright spot I can see in all this stimulus activity???

#22 ·
Good old MI-
I've never snapped a picture, but everytime I'm headed through Ohio I get a laugh out of the Big Bone Lick state park sign on I-71. Not really sure where they got the name :poke:

Justin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.