Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Southern Comfort

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  RedSmokey 
#1 ·
What is it actually considered? Nothing on the bottle anywhere, and it's lead to some spirited discussion as to what exactly it is. Figured I'd bring the discussion here too. While we're at it, what's your favorite drink with SoCo?

#4 ·
I've gotten to like that since I've had one, and that particular mixture is what spawned the debate.

#6 ·
70 proof is great if you just mix it with a teensy tiny bit of rt beer, an shot of lime with some ice. 70 proof is also good with meals... 100 proof is just too strong and overwhelms the taste of the food.

Anyway... it's whiskey. That's the only part of the store you'll find it in. I initially thought it was rum, like Capt. Morgan...

#8 ·
I did the hundred proof because all I drink is liquor and i drank the whole 5th in less than 3 hours. i was doing pretty good but it was so sweet my head was killing me the next morning. Ill stick to my 7 & 7 for now. As for the mixture with the 100 proof. I was doing half and half in the beginning then stepped up the liquor as time went haha.

#12 ·
Mix 100 proof half and half. Sqeeze a 1/6th of a lime in and drop her in.

Repeat. Eventually you'll notice you'll need about a 75-25 mixture and your damn cup will be filled with limes :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.