Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

TS and how i see it.

3K views 28 replies 24 participants last post by  Stewart 
#1 ·
i was with dennis when the news came down...he was so crushed then..as he is now. he poured his heart and soul into the event, as did his wife sheila, as they do every year...they cant control how big it gets... it was the biggest diesel event in history..by a landslide...if the "last year" drag race attendance would have just been the same this year..they would have had 12,000 paid tickets between the sled pulls and drag races. thats not to say there would be a lot of same person buyers for each event.

TS Performance takes 0 dollars from their own event. every dollar the event profits either goes into next years race, ie: making it better, promoting it more, or increasing payouts. i have NEVER seen any organization openly say that, or actually do that. i feel so bad for them, the racers that came from so far, the pullers that had to wait til 5am...thats MOSTLY the rains fault for the pullers.

it comes down to people ruining it. they shouldnt have a packed campground w/o security, and run at a track where the track owner owns the campground..so if actions that piss dallas(the track owner) off..and cause him to shut the race down. it comes down to this, the fate of this race was in someone else's hands... and unless dennis buys the track too...there's nothing he can do.

HUGE props to TS Performance for salvaging the sledpulls. the gate opening was set for 4pm and pulls to start at 6pm. well TS decided it would be best to open gates at 1pm to get the people in and enjoying the diesel stuff..... they had almost 5000 trucks parked by 5pm.... we all pitched in. hell i even worked.

thanks dennis, sheila, timbeaux, randy, eddie, billy, phil, richard and everyone else who BUSTED their asses to make something happen when all seemed lost. good on you.

See less See more
#2 ·
i was with dennis when the news came down...he was so crushed then..as he is now. he poured his heart and soul into the event, as did his wife sheila, as they do every year...they cant control how big it gets... it was the biggest diesel event in history..by a landslide...if the "last year" drag race attendance would have just been the same this year..they would have had 12,000 paid tickets between the sled pulls and drag races. thats not to say there would be a lot of same person buyers for each event.

TS Performance takes 0 dollars from their own event. every dollar the event profits either goes into next years race, ie: making it better, promoting it more, or increasing payouts. i have NEVER seen any organization openly say that, or actually do that. i feel so bad for them, the racers that came from so far, the pullers that had to wait til 5am...thats MOSTLY the rains fault for the pullers.

it comes down to people ruining it. they shouldnt have a packed campground w/o security, and run at a track where the track owner owns the campground..so if actions that piss dallas(the track owner) off..and cause him to shut the race down. it comes down to this, the fate of this race was in someone else's hands... and unless dennis buys the track too...there's nothing he can do.

HUGE props to TS Performance for salvaging the sledpulls. the gate opening was set for 4pm and pulls to start at 6pm. well TS decided it would be best to open gates at 1pm to get the people in and enjoying the diesel stuff..... they had almost 5000 trucks parked by 5pm.... we all pitched in. hell i even worked.

thanks dennis, sheila, timbeaux, randy, eddie, and everyone else who BUSTED their asses to make something happen when all seemed lost. good on you.

he makes no profit ? not a penny ? why not ?

#3 ·
Thanks for all you guys did!! I saw quite a few of you running around at the pull busy as hell. Once again I will say thanks for everything all of you did to make things work when it seemed like there was no hope.

When I heard I felt so bad for Dennis and Sheila I will say they are two of the friendliest and nicest people in the diesel industry. They took a few of us back in there shop Thursday showing us all there trucks and just sat and talked with us for 20 min when they had tons of other preparations to do and then just left us wondering around there trucks in the shop saying make yourself at home. Theres not many that will let you do that.

#5 ·

thanks dennis, sheila, timbeaux, randy, eddie, billy, phil, richard and everyone else who BUSTED their asses to make something happen when all seemed lost. good on you.
i completely agree mikey you get a ton of drunk diesel owners together there will be a few to do something stupid. There should have been security at the track i mean hell the damn best western had security, plus i heard the gates to the track were unlocked so dennis had nothing to do with that the owner should have locked the gates and had people watchin the track. He should have taken extra precaution for this weekend IMO

#13 ·
First of all, thanks to all that pitched in and helped, and to Dennis and Shiela and the whole TS crew. Thanks to the guys at Schieds that put on the pull. Although I didn't agree with how the track prep was done they got us hooking. Its a shame that the rain made the track difficult to prep and caused so many issues in the pits.

Yes there should have been security at the track. But I personally think its a DAMN shame that we need security at all. I can not even fathom what those dumbasses had in thier minds when tearing up the track.....

#9 ·

lets all buy the track thenLOL

its a shame any of this happene. i was really looking forward to going this year but couldnt make it. i just hope they have it next year. i think we all owe the entire TS crew a huge round of applause.

#10 ·
Its really to bad, hopefully a few things will be corrected in the comming show, rather than cancelled

#14 ·
:whs: It's just nice to hang out with our diesel family in person every once in a while.

#16 ·
I agree, It was my first diesel show and i had a blast, lot of great guys i met there. I have to give special thanks to marty and jeremy (Maintain and Smoke) for hauling me around the whole time. A lot of good times were had at the BW, and yea the security there was awesome, they couldve been dicks, but they werent, at least to us Ford guys lol. Thanks to the TS crew for making the best of a bad situation.

#20 ·
I'll have to agree, after the shock wore off that the races were called off, we all made the best of it and had a killer time. Races or not I'm glad I made the trip down to meet some of you for the first time and to catch up with the guys I've met in the past. That's what it's all about to begin with. Strip away all of the races and pulls and show-n-shines it's about hangin' with people that have similar interests as you.

One conversation with Dennis or Shelia will clue you in to the kind of people they are. If Dennis says he makes no money on this...trust me he doesn't!!!

Thanks for puttin' in all those hours guys. It was a great time and I'll continue to make this trip each year..races or not.

#21 ·
Thug...nice to meet yall by the way ;)

Yeap, Was disappointed at first, and but glad I lived thru it to say I was there! ;)

Got to meet quite a few people I have talked to for YEARS and a few I haven't seen in YEARS....allways a good time ;)

Oh, and the wife and I stayed a night in Tunica, Mississippi also on Sunday Night and left Monday with a few $$$ :)

#24 ·
:whs:

#29 ·
No offense to anyone, but all y'all keep talking about "what happened" but nobody has said exactly what it is that occurred. It's like you all assume anyone who reads this thread understands what you guys are posting about.

What is it that happened that made Bigr create this thread? Is it located in another thread? If so, link please. If not, can someone fill in the blanks so all of us who aren't "in the know" can play in the reindeer games too?

Thanks fellas.

Stewart

Edit. Nevermind, I found it here. http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31017

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.