Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

how come

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  stutterinwithastack 
#1 ·
when ever i have anywhere from 200 to 600lbs in my bed, i get 4 or 5 more miles to the gallon. why would that be? my driving dont change.

#2 ·
Seems kind of counter-intuitive. Unless for some strange reason the particular load you are hauling alters aerodynamics drastically? Sorta doubt that though.

#3 ·
i was wondering what the heck he was talking about! at first said "200-600, i get 4-5" lol

anyway..does it level off your truck? what are you hauling? i would agree that possibly the aerodynamics of getting the tailgate out of the air might be helping, but 4-5 mpg is a lot of help!

#5 ·
what in the world?!?! LOL

Need more information!!!!! what are you hauling.. hows it positioned.. picture?!?!

im sure we would all love to put some weight in the bed.. soften up the ride and and get more mpg!

#6 ·
i dont have any pictures. but i usually have about twenty five bails of hay or like as many four by fours as a dare stuff in their without losing any. and its spread acrossed my bed evenly

#7 ·
Mostly up hill on the way to pick it up, and mostly down hill on way back
home...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.