Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

How many hunters we got?

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Colorado 
#1 ·
I know that its turkey season in the southeast right now, dont know about the rest of the country. I havent been able to go due to the Navy, but post some pics up of yalls latest kills.

#2 ·
I have been attempting to turkey hunt the past month, but everytime me and my buddies go, we always end up hunting only friday morning and then getting drunk the rest of the weekend. My dad did kill a bruiser opening day on our property in GA, weighed 20# and had an 11.5" beard, not sure on the spurs... its at the taxidermist.... but anyways... heres a few pics of how our hunting weekends turn out the past few weeks:

We have killed a bunch of rabbits and we give "Freddy", our resident one-eyed gator, the left overs.

we bought a case of 25- 40oz bud lights

My buddy having wet dreams with the decoy: LOL

we got rained out one weekend so we just drank and took the lawn mower mudding.

thats about all i have to show for this turkey season LOL

#4 ·
Im in central GA, Ashburn, Ocilla area. South of macon by about an hour or so. We are just letting freddy fatn' up for the time being :D We measured him at 4' 5" last weekend... when he hits about 6' hes done for :D

#7 ·
Well i didn't draw a tag this year, but my bro-in-law shot a fairly nice one 8" beard, and it's been banded :rockwoot:. I'm in Utah where we have a draw for just about every tag:(

#10 ·
Turkey's,Morrels & lots of beer!:drool::drool:

#11 ·
my buddy killed this one opening day. 19 ibs, 4 beards, the longest was 10 1/4 the shortest was 6 1/2...can't rember the spur length

my other buddy killed this one bout 200 yards behind my mom and dads house.:mad: 10.5" beard, 1" spurs, 20 lbs

#12 ·
Our season opened up last Tuesday or Wednesday, I usually go but lost my hunting ground.

#13 ·
Have not gone hunting in about 3 years now. Pheasant and duck is what I do. Deer if I go down to Oklahoma. I guess you could say I went hunting in Iraq last year but I didnt have much luck and by the end of this year looks like the Marine Corp is paying for another hunting trip for me to Afghanistan. LOL Sorry if I offended anyone I find it kinda funny.

#15 ·
Big time bowhunter and muzzleloader. Mainly deer. i've never hunted turkey before. Kind of sucks aroun here. I'm going to NW Montana next year with my bow. It's a combo hunt. Elk, mule or whitetail, and black bear. I'm going the third week of September. Elk is my main concern. All spot and stalk. The same way I hunt whitetails. I shot two doe last year. Doe at 7 yds on the ground, no blind, with my bow. Another doe the last day of muzzleloader. About 25 yd shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.