Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.0 fixed?

878 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  fizz 
#1 ·
We are a company that owns 4 7.3s, 2 6.0s and one 6.4, and a cummins. The 6.0s have been a problem. I have a full time mechanic to work on our heavy equipment, and he has made the 6.0s his pet project. We have replaced on both trucks, the high pressure oil pump and filter, pistons and rings (both had broken rings) heads, both were cracked, one with ford heads and one with fire ring remans, head studs, turbos, one twice because a high performance one from innovative failed, egr delete, injectors, one twice because it is too long a wait to get aftermarket injectors when they fail, and installed bypass oil filters(I like these, we run synthetic oil, still looks new a 5000 miles.) Both trucks needed to be done @ 150,000 miles. SCT tuners set to heavy tow. One truck ran a year on the innovative extreme street tune and when we tore the engine down all cylinders had head gasket problems and the oil pan was heavy with what we think was soot, we think too much boost. We think the problem starts with the junk plastic screen in the factory hpop. If this works, and we fixed them to some kind of reliability, we will buy the cheap ones people are tired of fixing and put them in the fleet. Question: Are they fixed, or are we going to continue with problems?

#2 ·
I wouldn't use aftermarket injectors, I would only use injectors from the Ford dealer. The only aftermarket parts that I would use on these engines are APR studs a EGR delete kit and a coolant filter kit.
So to answer your question, it sounds like you have done everything right
although I don't understand the soot in the oil pan??? Also I don't know who's injectors your using.

#5 ·
make friends with your ford dealer. I just got 6 ford injectors for 200$.

As far as the HG issues, make sure you're using OEM gaskets and get some more conservative custom tunes. It seems like all of the guys that have been running aggressive tunes have all the issues with the heads and gaskets.

#6 ·
After our first try with aftermarket performance injectors, when one failed the dealer wanted us to send it in for evaluation and then send us a replacement, couldn,t leave the truck down so went with ford injectors and sent the performance injectors in for cores. But, truck is down again as of last night, ficm code and #7 injector code. Last week a rocker arm broke. 3 weeks ago air conditioner pump locked up on a hunting trip 600 miles away and truck wouldn't start because of the drag from the locked up pump( Iam amazed that it just wouldn't break the belt). Anyway, we couldn't figure out why it wouldn't start and left it at a dealer. Went back to get it after ac pump was fixed and stopped for fuel and starter gave up (on a sunday) so had to send a lowboy out to get it. I never had a truck w so many issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.