Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I lost my best friend today

4K views 35 replies 33 participants last post by  Tail_gunner 
#1 ·
Miss Belle 4/11/96 - 4/6/09

It happed very quickly, I was at her side in the end. All weekend she helped put new torsion bar bushings in her truck. We had a lovely ride afterwards. She loved to go on rides. I bought the truck just for her, so she could have the whole back seat to sprawl out. Belle was my third Collie but she was always my baby girl. She was so sweet, always so well behaved, such a wonderful personality. I had the best years of my life with her always at my side. We came as a pair, Nick and his dog Belle. Now here I sit alone, with a miserable cold rain pouring down, feeling so - I cannot find the to words describe how I feel.

He is your friend, your partner, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true
until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

And I've tried, God help me I tried everyday​

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey man, Sorry to hear that its always hard to loose a dog. I like dogs better than women almost, dogs dont talk back and they are always there for you even if you do sleep with another women. They are always there at you becking call and to lean on at hard times. Really sorry to hear about that.

#3 ·
Sorry to hear about her passing. Its alway hard to lose a long time friend like that :(

#9 ·
Sorry for your loss...I had a great dane when I was 10 and he was my best friend ...god bless...

RIP dino.
10/11/03

#11 ·
My grandparents had a collie that was the same age as me, Bo, we grew up together. he died when we were 14. they are great dogs. Sorry for your loss

#13 ·
ahh man. do i feel your pain. i put down my female of 13 years, who was my baby, my pride and joy, everything to me, 6 months ago..it was one of the hardest things i have ever done. then last week i had to put my boy down, of 10 years, who had been hit by a belly dump truck and a greyhound bus, as well he was bitten twice by rattlesnakes. the dude was tough and had been thry hell, literally. he developed a brain tumor and it got him within a week. regardless, i feel you..and i know how hard it is. get another one, it helps, big time!

#14 ·
Sorry to hear that. My dog passed away in October. I was 3 years old when we got him and he lived for 14 years. It was really hard to see him go, and that was the first time I have cried in years.

#16 ·
I know exactly what your feeling as many others on here do to. I love mine of 17 years last fall it was really hard for me to get over because since i was younger she was their for me. Shed protect me from anything and if I was sick or feeling down shed be the first one their trying to cheer me up and even thou I knew she was getting old and her time was nearing when it happend I really didnt know how to deal with that it hurts just like any other member of the family dying. But things do get better and if ya ever need someone to talk to im always here as im sure many others are as well.

#17 ·
Lost my baby girl two months ago. I only had her for 6 years, but they were a good 6 years. Time heals all.

#18 ·
Sorry to hear, I've lost 2 dogs since I was little. First one passed away when I was about 5. The last one was my springer, Sassy, who was a great, loving dog and she was such a wonderful friend. Had to put her down last year 2 days before Christmas after a long battle with Addison's Disease (affects the immune system). She sure was a great dog, and her passing really made for a horrible Christmas...we bought her a early christmas present (a bone) and my dad and I buried it with her in the backyard.

RIP Sassy
3/96 - 12/07

#20 ·
hey man dont feel like the lone ranger. i lost my childhood(im 22) dog about 2 weeks ago and i still catch my self going to get him for a ride. it suck man. everything will work out in the end though, just keep your head up

#24 ·
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

#26 ·
Dang Nick, sorry for your loss.

It sure does suck, I lost my first dog about 2 months ago. Looked almost exactly the same as yours only a sheltie instead of a collie. I was soo mad since I was stuck working late at work and if I had gotten out at the normal hour I could have at least seen him for his last couple of hours of life. Still a day doesn't go by where I don't look at the pictures I have of him on my cell phone.

The absolute ONLY bad thing about dogs are that they don't live long enough. Truly man's best friend.

Hopefully over time things will get easier but it will be tough, I was never ready for it but my Dad wanted in the worst way to get another dog so about 3 weeks after Caleb died we got Moses a 3month old Collie pup. He's a good boy and hopefully will last good and long but still doesn't come close to my old pup Caleb. Keep your head up Nick and in time hopefully you can find another to carry on Miss Belle's legacy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.