Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Live tuning outside Austin, TX

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  skyhigh2000 
#1 ·
Anybody going? I am signing up and making the trip from Houston. Will be May 15 - 17. Finally going to get live tuning, can't wait.

#4 ·
Jody, with DPTuner and it is going to be at Hutto, Texas outside Austin. There is an post with all the info at thedieselstop.com in the event section. Going to be held at Eddins House of Diesel. Not sure if I can post link or not. Anyway, check it out.

#13 ·
DAMIT!! :mad: Only if I had the money DAMIT :mad::mad:

#14 ·
You could probably muster up the $ by May but we really need people to make reservations in advance to guarantee Jody's arrival. Why don't you make the reservation on a cc? I doubt we will get Jody to TX again anytime soon for this sort of work.

Boy, I sure wish DP still lived just up the road in Temple. I'd be there every weekend bothering you guys!

#16 ·
Well Had my F-350 and F-450 live tuned by Jody yesterday..UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!
Went from a 4 position to an F-5 chip.
I had a high idle,60 tow, 80 tow, and 120 race..
Now have 12 programs from no-start, "Drive though", high idle all the tow programs, a max fuel mileage program all the way to 140 extreme..
Oh and btw the tranny downshifts as part of the program. You just cant beat DP-Tuner...I highly recommend it.
As far as the wildman tunes are concerned, I saw a truck with it loaded that had no power, puking black smoke and running 1200 degrees on level ground...so I guess if thats what you dfw boys like, more power to ya...please stay in the right lane though..

#17 ·
Sounds like a good deal. I am looking forward to having Jody here next month.

#19 ·
The difference on a truck like mine is absolutely profound what w/ the large turbo and average stall speed of my custom set-up.

The truck really went from a rather unresponsive smoky rig to a clean burning very respnosive and fast truck all w/ DP programming.

I consider this service mandatory if you have a truck that does not run a "standard" set up if there is such a thing.

I've personally have ran just about everyone's programming and driven in the one's I haven't owned and what Jody does is really a huge step above the others imo.

I honestly just expected him to cut the fuel back a bit and I'd have a slow but clean running truck but I ended up w/ a rig that completely empties B-codes and runs as clean as a stock truck doing it (except a puff when you first really hammer on the throttle). This truck is an EASY 500 rwhp imo. It freakin' rolls HARD.

#20 ·
I made the live tuning in Austin also. Was nip and tuck during the week trying to make sure I could get to Austin, with work and a pesky ICP sensor earlier in the week. All I can say is that live tuning is totally worth it. I had 4 tunes now I have a F5 with 11 tunes, the drive through halves the idle injector noise. Really cleaned up the excess smoke, and the transmission shifting tuning was worth the trip just for that. My touch accelerator pedal is no more. Almost like getting a new truck. It was good to finally meet Jody and get to talk with him. The guys at Eddin's House of Diesel were great too. Byron is a wealth of knowledge. Thanks to Sun Hester for setting this up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.