Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.7L Spartan/5"/Delete/intake

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DillonC 
#1 ·
I had a question, as I can't find much on it. I have a 2011 6.7L with Spartan tune, (running 120hp DPF off) and occasionally run the war hammer. I usually drive it easy, but had a buddy want to see what she'd do the other day, and so I did.

The truck was dead stop, traction control off, and I eased it up, then WOT, the truck accelerated like crazy, with tire spin, and then it felt like it lost the power. Is this normal, or is there something I don't know about? The first 5 seconds were intense, then it just seemed like it lost it's power. Anyone else experience this? BTW it was on 120hp when I did this.

#2 ·
What was your boost?

#3 ·
That's the advance trac kicking in. Did you hold the traction control button down for like 5 seconds? Just hitting it doesn't turn it all the way off and holding it down actually won't either, but it'll make it not cut down like that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
I wasn't watching my boost, but I will next time. I am going to log a few WOT runs and check everything out.

I did not hold the traction control down for 5 seconds. I didn't know that trick, I'll try it today.

thanks for the feedback

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.