Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

02 f250 scam?

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  97quadcabdually 
#1 ·
A friend of mine is lookin at a 02 F250 on autotrader. For only $6500. The guy is only responding to e mail. The question is....has anyone heard of this? Is it a scam or does it sound legit?. truck is in jersey and the guy is in cali. He is willin to ship the truck anywhere in the US in the 6500 price. He garantees that it is perfect as the pics show. He gives a 3 day window to check it out. He says my friend can pay for it on ebay but it is not listed on ebay. It sounds like a scam but it is such a good deal he doesnt want to pass it up... help

#4 ·
have some one on here that lives in cali close to him go check it out for you if you want it that bad. if its a scam the guy wont show you the truck in person or show you where he lives.

#6 ·
scam.

allllmmmmoooossssttt pulled the trigger on the exact same deal, found a truck on craigslist...seller offered to use Ebay as the method of payment, etc, etc....the day I was going to do the deal, I just didn't feel warm and fuzzy about it...checked with Ebay, and it was fraudulent.

the seller even had emails embedded with VERY real looking email hallmarks & trademarks...

very good scam...but a scam nonetheless.

#8 ·
I used to respond to those guys for fun but theres another problem, give it a few weeks but wait till you see HOW MUCH JUNK mail you get now.

I dont know how to make it stop but after responding to those frauder emails my jhunk mail increased 10 fold.

#9 ·
Is it a scam or does it sound legit?. truck is in jersey and the guy is in cali.
It's a scam.

Ask the "seller" where in California the truck is located. IF he responds to that question (highly unlikely) tell him you have a buddy that lives close by (even if you don't) and ask to set up a time for your friend to swing by and look at the truck for you.

I bet you won't ever hear from him again, and if you do, he'll have some lame excuse on why the truck can't be checked out.

Stewart

#10 ·
The truck is in new Jersey. he is in cali. Supposidly. And the truck is in a sealed container at a transport yard. I called the supposid transport company. They have no yard and they have no record of any vehicle going from nj to cali. I just told my friend to walk away

#11 ·
The truck is in new Jersey. he is in cali. Supposidly. And the truck is in a sealed container at a transport yard. I called the supposid transport company. They have no yard and they have no record of any vehicle going from nj to cali. I just told my friend to walk away
I saw the same thing on craigslist a couple weeks back...it was a 02 F350 dually lariat in New Jersey, and he wanted I think about the same amount.The picture fit the description prefectly. The weird part about it was that the last paragraph was about how the guy was a marine going back to Iraq and he HAD to sell it in like a week or something.I was really confused and was kinda thinking it was a scam.Then I emailed him asking why it was so cheap and if anything was wrong with it and all.He emailed me back saying he was going back to Iraq for 2 years and it was sitting in his yard.Then there was like a signature at the end like on here saying like Mike something, and it listed the battallion and infantry and had a marine corps logo and all.I thought about it, and I was like,"SCAM".I just thought that was sad he was using an honest thing like the Marines and probably stole some REAL marine's identity to post all that.I bet its the same guy, cause this was on the california craigslist.Idiot.:mad:

#12 ·
well this guy cam up w a vin. I checks out on car fax. truck came from NC. Did an OASIS report and the same info came up. But guy gave a ebay item number that doesnt work , and the sellers name that came up is not the guys name he gave. We called the trucking company that has the truck, and they have no record of the guy and they say they have NO vehicles in storage no less a sealed container. now he says my friend is jerking him off and he has someone else that wants the truck and to quit bothering him... O and he will not talk on the phone, only email. The truck is less than 2 hours from here and he will not let us look at it. I feel bad for my friend because he has no money, the truck is exactly what he needs and he is so confused

#13 ·
well this guy cam up w a vin. I checks out on car fax. truck came from NC. Did an OASIS report and the same info came up. But guy gave a ebay item number that doesnt work , and the sellers name that came up is not the guys name he gave. We called the trucking company that has the truck, and they have no record of the guy and they say they have NO vehicles in storage no less a sealed container. now he says my friend is jerking him off and he has someone else that wants the truck and to quit bothering him... O and he will not talk on the phone, only email. The truck is less than 2 hours from here and he will not let us look at it. I feel bad for my friend because he has no money, the truck is exactly what he needs and he is so confused
same deal I ran across when checking into another scam...military guy...false Ebay Item#...very good (fake) Ebay Hallmark/Logo's in the emails...

run, run away...and be glad your friend never wired any money!

#20 ·
#15 ·
yeah, its a scam, my buddy got taken about 3 years ago on a quad to the tune of 5000.00 CASH money. Even his bank told him it was legit, and they were going thru an escrow account. The whole ebay deal, military, blah blah blah, so tell him to run and wait until he has the money to buy one. Everyone else was right, if its too good to be true, then it is!

#16 ·
Bought my 2001 F-250 7.3 PSD here in Cali for $5500 OTD with 177k carfax showed new trans and injectors so I was happy. So in Cali i have run into a few of such deals, however farfax should be used besause Ive found many socalled amazing deals with a dirty past. The economy combined with the current status symbol of owning a hybrid type vehicles is causing some unreal deals to be had on Diesels around here.

#17 ·
wheres the "supposed" truck at?
The carfax is pretty clean looks like the thing has lived all of its life in N Carolina

#19 ·
Well... Im not gonna search the whole state, so the devil is in the details

#21 ·
before i bought my 97 dually, there was a bad ass 03 f350 with a 7.3... lifted to high heaven, 44" tires... clean as a wistle, aftermarket everything... so on and so forth, for $6,500. the guy had it on craigslist. i emailed him, i was so excited i could shiit right then are there where i was. he emailed back. he said oh i live in detroit, but the turck is in florida. i asked him well how come it isnt in floridas craigslist ( i was smart and checked ). he said it was on ebay. sure in the hell wasnt there either. he stopped answering my emails... when i went back on craigslist to get a phone number it was already flagged to be deleted. if it sounds to good to be true... more than likely it is. or there is something bad with it and they dont want you to know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.