Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Rolling Memorial Thursday, 3/12 - need your help!

851 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  shayb 
#1 ·
For those of you who will be unable to attend Kirk's services tomorrow (see other threads concerning what happened), we are holding a "Rolling Memorial". Dennis at ITP came up with this idea and I think it's really great. I am copying and pasting his words here and on many other sites:

Some of our brothers and sisters in the Powerstroke Community need our help. They need our prayers, love and good thoughts to help them through a tough time.

Some of you may have seen the "Missing Person" post on PSN about a week ago (http://www.powerstrokenation.com/for...ad.php?t=25666). Unfortunately this did not turn out for the best.

Kirk was not one of the "High Horsepower" guys, he was not frequently active on the majority of the popular forums, but he was a VERY active part of the Colorado Power Stroke Club family. My first contact with Kirk was 4-5 years ago, he called me for parts for his truck. In the time since then, I've been to Colorado for several events and talked with Kirk numerous times over the phone. I considered him a friend and can honestly say that it was always a pleasure to be around him or just talk with him on the phone.

Kirk was an inspiration to everyone around him. If you read through the posts in this thread from the Colorado PSD Club (http://www.coloradopowerstrokeclub.c...ad.php?t=12702), you will see that he just had a way with people, made friends with everyone he met and was an amazing example of how to be a terrific friend and human being. While I feel bad for those of us that knew Kirk and lost him, I almost feel worse for those that never had the chance to know him and were never touched by his generosity, his positive "can do" attitude and most of all his amazing understanding of how to be a true friend.

Services for Kirk are being held tomorrow afternoon (Thursday, 3/12/09). As much as I wanted to be there, it just wasn't in the cards for me. As such, I'm trying to be there "in spirit" in support for those he left behind. I'd like to do an all day "Rolling Memorial Service" here in Phoenix and I'm asking your help with this. It's not much, but if we could all drive our Powerstrokes tomorrow (I know some of you have other cars for commuting), with our headlights on in memory of Kirk, I would greatly appreciate it!

THANKS EVERYONE!

So get those trucks out tomorrow and Roll the Coal for Kirk!!

Thanks!

Shay

#2 ·
There are some people who have to acquire greatness, but Kirk was born with the natural quality. Many people help others get over humps and hills and are there for their friends, but Kirk moved mountians for his friends.

This is an awesome idea. Jody will be driving my Ex to the airport in the moring. I will drive his F450 for the Rolling Memorial for Kirk. :D

#5 ·
Done! will have my lights on bright!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.