My E-Fuel Conversion and other things - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > F-250 & F-350 1986-1997 & Other Ford Trucks > 1994-1997 OBS Power Stroke - Aftermarket & Performance
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:41 AM
gnxtc2
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

My E-Fuel Conversion and other things

The plan.......
Day 1 - Under truck work: mount filters
Day 2 - Top of engine: remove and plumb new system

I bought the kit from No Limit Tuning & Design. Kit came pretty much complete. NLTD uses a Walbro pump and black nylon racing hose in their kit.

Well, I can't leave anything alone and started modifying it. I decided to install a SD Pump and throw the Walbro pump in the spare parts bin. The SD pump came with the pigtail. I wanted to set up the pump for easy removal if it malfuntioned while on the road. The connector for the pump was sourced from a Crown Vic front corner light. I unpinned the CV connector and installed heavier gauge wire.

Mounting the filters was pretty much straight forward.

The filters are Wix 533912 (pre-30 micron) and Wix 533911 (post - 5 micron). The filter heads are Stanadyne FM100 Fuel Manager.

The blue fitting on the pump is Russell 640860 (5/16 Push on EFI fitting). There isn't enough room on the inlet side for the fitting to properly lock. For the inlet side, I clamped the racing hose. Should be alright because it's suction.

I installed a ball valve before the pre-filter. This way if I have to change filters with full tanks, they won't gravity drain.
The rumor is that the front tank doesn't gravity feed--->is totally BS.

The feed line to motor is the bottom line (3/8 tubing) going to the top inner port (closest to frame) of the selector valve. I removed the factory rubber hose and triple clamped the racing hose (-6AN). I decided to use the existing 3/8 feed tubing. The return line was not touched on the frame. I cut back the factory rubber feed hose and attached to the valve. Prior to the valve is a 45* 1/4NPT x 3/8 barb fitting. Yea, I know the brake line needs some attention.

Prior going topside, I started the truck and the mechanical pump was able to prime the filters.

The plan was to re-feed the factory banjo. I bought the adapters so I have mininum work.....or atleast thought so.

The driver side head fitting was leaking. You guys think that leaking fitting caused any performance issues? I wonder why???

So off with the turbo. When I removed the turbo, the collector was all loose and soot was the back side. Yea, I had Bean's brass donuts. I guess they didn't work as they were suppose too. I thought to myself, ahh screw the uppipes, so what if they leak alittle. Remember my original plan, just do the fuel system. The next project was to install 3" plenums, billet wheel and if I felt like it, one piece up-pipe.

So I proceed to cut out the dopey fuel fitting on the driver side head. Cut it out no problem and came right out.

I cut the fuel feed (3/8) and return (5/16) lines in the valley. I used steel compression fittings adapted to -6AN (3/8 tube compression x 3/8 MNPT & 3/8 FNPT x -6AN/JIC) and -4AN (5/16 tube compression x 1/4 MNPT & 1/4 FNPT x -4 AN/JIC). I reused and attached the factory return lines to the regulator. You can see fittings in the lower right hand corner of the engine pic below, I will post close ups of the compression fittings at a later time.

The more I'm touching the turbo collector, the more I'm thinking....fix right right or I'll be removing the turbo again. So out with the up-pipes......Yep, wasted my time cutting the fuel fitting. With the up-pipes out, the fitting would have came right out. This was the leak on the collector.

Now I can use normal fittings to feed the heads. Instead of using nylon hose topside, I went with stainless braided racing hose, figure it's more heat resistant that the nylon stuff. So I made up the passenger side. I had some heat sleeving left over from my race car. I heat sleeve the hose because it's close to the exhaust/DP. That went smoothly. Next I go make up the driver side, I'm short one hose end because I didn't plan on making hoses to feed the heads.

So right now, this how topside looks:

Since everything is apart, I ordered:
- one piece up-pipes
- 3" billet intakes
- billet wheel for the D66 (38R wheel)
- hose reducers for the spyder
- various fittings to finish the fuel lines

Hopefully the parts will be here by Friday (lost a day due to Labor Day). I'm hoping air flow/spool up will be much better due to the exhaust.

Will update this thread with pics of topside.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
PIS 175/80s, Honey Badger Jr, Comp910s,
Smith Bros Pushrods, ARPs, Fluidampr, IC, E-Fuel
3" Plenums, CJC Traction blocks,
HFHV IDM, Billet D66, Tuned by NLTD

Other vehicles
-1987 Buick Grand National (Staged)
-2004 Mercury Marauder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2013, 03:02 AM
Choupique108
Waitin' on 500
Member's Gallery

Re: My E-Fuel Conversion and other things

Looks good so far. It sucks when one project leads into another.
Custom badges, Flight Fab/DIY traction bars.

2012 CCSB F250 Ultimate Lariat.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:38 AM
OBSpstroke97
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

I'll be starting all this is 2 days.. Good luck looks good
Old 09-01-2013, 03:48 AM
Tom S
-Moderator-
Member's Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

Good thread Billy. On the pump inlet I made a hose barb by clamping a compression fitting down on it and then cutting off the compression nut. I like that adapter you have on the outlet side.
Aeroturbine exhaust, Aeroforce OBD Scan Gauge, Truxedo tonneau cover
Dana 60 Precision Metal Fab RSK and SD Springs
Old 09-01-2013, 03:57 AM
gnxtc2
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

The inlet already has "barb". I slid the hose over the barb and clamped it before and aft of it. The other day I found a replace Doorman fitting for the inlet side.

The Doorman fitting is shorter than the Russell fitting and has that plastic hose shrunk over the barb. I have to cut the plastic hose. The Doorman fitting is plastic. I might install the Doorman fitting. I don't have the part number with me now, it's at my shop.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
Old 09-01-2013, 04:24 AM
ToddM715
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

I can appreciate you're post. I just did pretty much everything you're doing and then some. A lot of work. You'll be happy in the end you did it yourself, your way and I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:41 PM
SledDogg
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Diesel site has a new Billet Wicked Wheel SPECIFICALLY for D66 turbos that do not have a ported housing.
02' F250 sclb 7.3, Auto, 4x4, XLT loaded, Frnt Add-a Leaf, 4" Silverline tb, 6637, Billet Grill, Dynoproven.Com Honeybadger Jr HPOP, Full Force Stage 1 sticks, F8 chip w/Jonathan tune (Dynoproven.com), Air Lift 5000 air bags, Curt Q20 Fifth wheel,, RCI 60 gal Aux fuel tank,[B]
Old 09-01-2013, 01:47 PM
jeremiahmercier
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

looks good
-1996 f250 4x4, ZF5, ECLB, Firestone ride-rite air bags, Fuel tank vent mod, Live tuned Dp-Tuner, CAI, 3"dp, FF stage 1s, CCV mod, t500 , SB clutch, D66, Beans Fuel system, and hypermax intercooler. now w/ BASB turbo, Irate t4 mount, & P.I.S 175/100s
-2002 F250 4x4, auto, ECLB, CAI, CCV mod, Live Tuned Dp-Tuner, air heater delete, 4"dp
Old 09-01-2013, 01:54 PM
jeremiahmercier
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledDogg View Post
Diesel site has a new Billet Wicked Wheel SPECIFICALLY for D66 turbos that do not have a ported housing.
I looked on their site but didn't see it
Old 09-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Choupique108
Waitin' on 500
Member's Gallery

Only thing I'd change is on the outlet side of the pump, I'd go with one of these.
Driven Diesel Fuel Pump Outlet Adapter

I had a teeny tiny drip on my with a compression fitting-bushing-(-6) jic. I've since swapped to the strictly diesel fitting and have had no more drip. Plus it looks much cleaner.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 146
'94IDITurbo7.3, 1996f250xlt, 2000f350v10, 24Vford, 4btchev, 505yam, 6.0Stroker05, 89 Stroker, 96F350Kid, 97250HD, 97ccsb, 97OBShd, A.D.D., Arcturus, armysoldier0882, aussamdad, Baker82, bentpushrod, BIG D, BigBearDoinThangs, bigdog379x, billmoody1, Blackbullet73, bluesbish, boosted88coupe, bpa658, Bradbilt, camd94234, CAV64, cheysays7.3!, Choupique108, Copperhead, csp, cthom388, Cupins, D66stroke, danielzink, dave jr, DaveBey, DChalue413, diesel78, dieseltec192008, Diesel_Weasel, Drew2010, DrewGerhan, duxpsd, dzlj 50, ellisfl09, enenuenue, evans213, EverettWV, f250rollinon37s, f250towrig, fordblue1964, franklee95, Gaius, Garbage_Mechanic, Gary M, gnxtc2, Got Smoke?, Got4wd, Greger96obs, H-Bomb, Headcase98002, Hijo202, ianstew, idaho7.3, idshred, ingrahams, internationalpsd, James W, jbrixen, Jchappy12, jeichert, jeremiahmercier, jjmcd, John-Boy, jrracerdad, jvc1990, kbmkviii, kip4234, kodiak65, Krause, lc tpi, Lechlis, lowboy1979, m j, markfuga, mason_411, Mike97f350, mikes95powerstroke, NickD614, Nodge, nomad, OBSledpuller, OBSpstroke97, old man dave, ole red, oregon96psd, Owengilpin6, pff250hd, plzstrokeme, Powerstroke Man 6.4, POWERSTROKE2311, powerstroker20, pwrstrk01, Ranger50, redneckboarder, res0wc18, ric678, Robert_H, rusty1161, rustyescott, sandpiper, Shovel, silent64, SledDogg, Slog58, Smash Fascism, smokey73, smoking69, SniperStorm, snowball, sparkey75, Sparky350, stevv, Stroke_This, teevo20, the great white, The Red Monster, Thuglike, ToddM715, Tom S, Trayballs95, tredav39, Truck4, turbtators, Tylermc419, umpalumpa1985, wadeclinton, Wadevan, wildstang, wsm, wvboy, WYOutlaw, yzstroker11