Super Duty Rockcrawler project started

17K views 43 replies 19 participants last post by  01platinum 
#1 ·
as of 6:00 PM:D

See less See more
#4 ·
Zero.

#9 ·
Kind of a long wheelbase for a rock crawler isnt it David?

#15 ·
49's com on Lott, man up go big:poke:
This guy is one of the TTC competitors this year

Chris Smith, San Martin, California
2003 Ford F-350 "Super Crawler"
This Ford is more buggy than truck-will readers grant it access to the Tank Trap?

Engine: Ford 6.0L Power Stroke turbodiesel V-8
Transmission: 5R110
Transfer case: BorgWarner NP271
Axles, f/r: Rockwell 2.5-ton/Rockwell 2.5-ton (not shown)
Traction aids, f/r: Ouverson locker/Ouverson locker
Ratio: 6.72:1
Suspension, f/r: Four-link, King coilovers/Four-link, King coilovers
Tires: 54-inch Boggers
Special Features: Dual 15,000-pound Warn winches, full steel body, full tube chassis, beadlocks, full interior cage, air bumps
Driver Experience: 16 years

#24 ·
this is going to be so cool i seriously cant wait for david to push coolant all over a slickrock and slide to the bottom because the 49 are covered

#25 ·
This is going to be a sweet project. Can't wait to see them kut this thing up and stuff some 49's under it.

#26 ·
I'd like to hear more on the planned specs, axles, suspension, etc.

When your done you can bring it out here to SoCal and try your hand at the Hammers. :evil

#36 ·
Is that the guy that did my traction bars on the orange truck with all the crazy stuff in his yard?

#44 ·
A kid in my neighbor hood has one of them. Have to take some pics next time he brings it home. The tube frame chasis looks like an old school H1 Hummer. Also there is a guy off of Hwy 1314 in The Woodlands that builds these crazy things. Ready to see some cuttin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.