Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Hopping issues

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SmokeWithEveryStroke 
#1 ·
Pulled two weeks ago and the truck hopped for about 50ft then I backed out of the throttle and rolled back in and it pulled smooth. I got home and realized the rear shocks were junk so I replaced them. Pulled Monday night and the truck hopped even worse. Every time I would get on the fuel it hopped like crazy. The truck had good power just jumped down the track. I had 25psi in the front tires and 75 in the rear. 2ns fear low range and the motor was screaming. Pyro was up to 1500 but I didn't get a chance to look at the boost gauge. Any ideas??

#2 ·
Need some traction bars. Or put some weight in it. Look at PMF Suspension on here they are a sponsor. Just did there kit on my truck and works great.

#3 ·
I had weight in the cab. work stock class you can't hang weight on the front. not sure about the traction bars in that class either

#4 ·
my buddy has a dmax and he took his stock rear bump stops off and made them adjustable so when he hooks the sled he can adjust them down so they are resting right on the axle.. I don't know how good it work but im goin the pull tonight so we'll see!

#5 ·
I watched a guy in a dodge do that one night, he pulled the bump stops, jacked up the rear alittle and put some big bolts in place. Then lowered the truck back down and bolts were sitting on the rear. He broke the rear end about 20 feet down the track.

#6 ·
lol great... im sure that garbage ifs front end will blow out before anything

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.