Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

what is it worth?

762 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  PeterB 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I am new to powerstrokes, having been a muscle car guy for years. Now I have an opportunity to buy a 2001 F350 4x4, four door, single wheel, 7.3 Powerstroke with 180k miles for $3500. The only thing that I can find wrong with the truck is one both sides of the bed there are a couple of good sized dents, but nothing that can't be massaged back out. The right front hub needs to be replaced and the leather interior has a few tears but nothing that can't be repaired. The oil seems to have been changed at regular intervals as evidenced by the sticker on the windshield and a couple of reciepts that I found in the glovebox. The tranny has 15k miles on a fresh rebuild. The engine seems to run strong and the previous owner says he has a Hypertech programmer he'll let me have. The truck was previously used in the landscape business, so it was abused a little. Is the truck worth the money and is there anything that I might need to check out before buying the truck? Any advice will be appreciated.

#2 ·
If it runs and drives it's worth that. Make sure there's not a lot of blow by with the engine and the trans fluid is good and shifts ok.

#3 ·
Well, for the most part, sounds like a good solid truck, and a 2001?? for $3500??, I know I would never sell my 01 for that!!!, go for it.....

#5 ·
At $3500 it sounds like a steal. Any chance you can get it scanned for codes before you buy. Even with a few issues if the engine is sound and hasn't been dusted I'd jump on it for that price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.