Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

engine part polishing.

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Bamboo 
#1 ·
Here's the latest adventure of slicking up the aluminum parts on top of the motor:

These should look good and will complete the top of the motor...

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good, what kind of polish did you use? Awsome!

#4 ·
couple of more pics...

F-350: whoa how did you do that? I want to do this now

Trade secret man! :gun:

got about 8 hours in stripping, sanding and buffing and about 4 more to get them to the point of doing the clearcoat. I may do a few sets for sale, but because of the extreme amount of labor/materials, it may be cost prohibitive. estimating right now around 400.00 bucks....

#5 ·
Ready for clearcoat. This tin alloy that these covers is stamped from is odd. damn stuff expands and contracts and crawls like a snake when it gets hot during the sanding and buffing. The high temp Eastwood clearcoat I use adheres to cast aluminum very good, I'm not so sure about this metal...If it flakes off, I'm gonna get them chromed....

#8 ·
Got the valve covers installed this weekend. I knew that they were gonna disappear under all the intercooler piping but they certainly look better than being black on the dark blue block.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.