Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Opinions on Wheel Spacers

857 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Corey@WKYC 
#1 ·
I really don't like the idea of wheel spacers on an 8000lb truck with a heavy diesel motor, but I'm really getting tired of my tires scrubbing my leafs on full turns. I know a wider wheel with the same backspacing would work, but I really like my wheels, and it is hard to find a 17x10 that I like.

#4 ·
Depending on how bad you are rubbing (how far you need to push the wheel out)...you can run up to a 1/4" or 5/16" spacer and some ET lugs. Quality built, billet spacers/adapters are fine for a daily driver. But you will have to go with at least 1.25" to 1.5" thick. Even at that thickness, you will have to cut each stud off. To clear the studs, you will need a 2" thick spacer/adapter. If you only need a little bit, running a small spacer and ET lugs could be a much cheaper fix. Make sure you go with ET lugs, so you don't loose too many threads due to the spacer thickness.

Corey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.