Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Who is the man?

Which one: Poll:

4K views 48 replies 32 participants last post by  slowleak 
#1 ·
Pick one.

As I've gotten older, I've come to realize how great all of these guys are. Waylon Jennings is my favorite.

#3 ·
I like waylon, merle, and cash. I don't think I will ever reach the age that I think Willie is good. I frickin hate that guy. He sings through his nose and sounds like a whiny little girl.

#13 ·
My vote was for the man in black!

Got the chance to see Johny, Waylon, Willie and Kristopherson as the Highwaymen in Concert about 15 or more years ago. I was in middle school and all my friends thought I was nuts. One of the best concerts I have ever been to.

#15 ·
While I'm not a big country fan, I've always kinda liked Waylon.

Trivia footnote: I'm sure everyone heard about the plane crash (50 years ago tomorrow), that killed Ritchie Valens, Buddy Holley and The Big Bopper. Waylon Jennings was a member of Buddy Holley's band and was to be on that flight, but lost his seat by the flip of a coin.

#16 ·
I was a dam builder across the river deep and wide
Where steel and water did collide
A place called Boulder on the wild Colorado
I slipped and fell into the wet concrete below
They buried me in that great tomb that knows no sound
But I am still around..I'll always be around..and around and around and
around and around
^^^ prolly my favorite verse of all the songs Waylon was ever a part of...
IMO it sets him apart. (talent)

#23 ·
Damn right! I think he is amazing, The movie they made of his life was just great.

Not to mention the cover of the song Hurt by Trent Reznor that he did is just outstanding.

#27 ·
f*** that i hate little douche bag, and his music sucks ass.

#26 ·
That's nearly an impossible poll. Really didn't want to pick. They're all like Straight....everything they sing/touch is gold!

That's like saying: Would you rather see a naked blonde, a naked red-head or a naked brunette? I mean, really, who cares......any would be great!!!!:D

#29 ·
Quote:
I was a dam builder across the river deep and wide
Where steel and water did collide
A place called Boulder on the wild Colorado
I slipped and fell into the wet concrete below
They buried me in that great tomb that knows no sound
But I am still around..I'll always be around..and around and around and
around and around

^^^ prolly my favorite verse of all the songs Waylon was ever a part of...
IMO it sets him apart. (talent)
Obviously that was from The Highwayman by The Highwaymen, a great song, and was why i had referenced Kris Kristopherson...didn't he also sing with The Highwaymen??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.