Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

whats the baddest tranny for the 7.3?

7K views 62 replies 39 participants last post by  1BadF350 
#1 ·
Whats the biggest and baddest tranny for my 7.3 powerstroke and that has a good warranty??? Or should i convert it to a 6 speed??? I cant go threw another tranny this sucks!!! time to DO ER BIG!!!!

#2 ·
John Wood, in my opinion, builds the baddest 4R100.

Lotta guys will say BTS, but after talking with two different people who had BTS transmissions, and had to have them rebuilt by John, the differences between the two, and the way John builds them, are what makes me choose JW over BTS.

When I went with a JW built tranny, I didn't get one of the monster transmissions he custom builds for the desert racing teams down in his area. A transmission able to withstand monster torque, while at the same time perform in, and handle, 120+ degree heat, while racing in the desert.

Nah, I opted for a bullet proof tranny and billet converter that will handle towing 10K+ lb trailers, while also enhancing all the performance, "go-faster" mods I have on my Excursion, and plan on bolting on, in the near future.

I basically got his entry level 4R100.

When I need one for my F250, I won't even hesitate. It's JW all the way for me.

Stewart

#4 ·
How do i get ahold of them?? And what kind of price range are we talking?? And is there such thing as a lifetime warranty on a tranny??

#18 ·
How do i get ahold of them??

And what kind of price range are we talking??

And is there such thing as a lifetime warranty on a tranny??
1-870-422-3673. Call, don't email.

IIRC $4100 plus shipping.

2 yr warranty on shipping. IOW, break it in 2 yrs, he pays for shipping. Outside 2 yrs, you pay for shipping. Either way, the trans is fixed. He will tell you it is the last one you are paying for. Several people have mentioned that he did fix it after the 2 yrs is up for free.

#7 ·
Thanks guys i appreciate it!!

#9 ·
BTS...... i have quit a few miles and ALOT of passes on mine over 600hp and have only broken once.....and it took over 200 passes to do that.... pulled the tranny, sent it back to brian, he fixed it and had me a new one intime for nationals...can't beat tht for customer service!!

#13 ·
As I told you when we were talking earlier, BTS.

There has to be a very valid reason there is a BTS sitting behind the 10.5 second Power Stroke of ***, and a BTS sitting behind the *** rail as well...

And it seems as though Brian's transmissions hold up very well behind the Cummins conversions as well. They're making more power than you'll ever want or need...

#14 ·
BTS

#20 ·
LOL....pretty much an age old question.....I am a JW kinda guy, but I also live 30 minutes from him. His customer service is second to none and you won't really be needing it after he builds your tranny anyway. I do know a couple people who have driven halfway across the country to get a BTS tranny and got mixed results. Personally I'd go with whichever is closer so you can get support if you need it. I have heard from several people that JW's valve bodies are valved more consistently than BTS's which makes tuning them a lot easier.

#21 ·
Suncoast...I own two of them...no substitute imo... I'm sure Brian @ bts is a great guy but I would rather coincide the tranny install with the Beach (Ft. Walton Beach) rather than hillbillyville backwoods arkansas..just me though..:poke:LOL

#25 ·
Like everybody else says pick one in your area. DI is in my area had them install a tranny in my truck and have not had a single problem. Shifting is smooth but firm. Money well spent in my book.

#26 ·
Not sure why this wasn't locked or moved already. Transmission posts in the transmission forum?
There are only 20+ other threads with the exact same content from the same posters already on the forum.

Same old same old topic :blah:

#31 ·
Well, since Wes and Nate haven't been in here and posted it yet, he's getting one of Brian's transmissions, and also a larger charger to compliment the injectors that were put in last week.

Hopefully I don't step on any toes by posting this...

#32 ·
Another vote for John Wood. Great transmission, great service. The transmission shifts perfect. I feel confident the transmission will last for a long time to come.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.