Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

dog name

5K views 53 replies 37 participants last post by  Short Bus 
#1 ·
Im getting a female german shepard pup in 2 weeks and i need a name for her. Id really like it to be something unique, but not one that makes people think WTF? when you say it lol. any suggestions?

#12 ·
I visited Munich in 1989 while my brother was stationed in Germany. I can't remember the building there, it's a German car manufactures building that is the shape of the piston chamber of their automobile. Could be BMW or Mercedes not sure which one; it was 20 years ago.:eek: My brother has the picture of it.

Anyway, I think Piston would be pretty cool name for a dog of that background and caliber. Its auto related and pretty tough sounding, too.

Turbo and Diesel have been used to death. Go with something different.

#16 ·
Oberbefehlshaber= commander in chief

That would be fitting for a dog of that caliber.

I had a white german shepard when I was young, She was a full bred registered dog and won many best in show ribbons. German Shepards are VERY protective, Make sure after you assert dominance, that your wife also gains the dogs respect, otherwise you could have a 90# wedge in between yall in the bed.

#14 ·
GSD's are awesome dogs. Remember, from day one, you have to be the boss. If you let them be the boss, they will. Positive reinforcement, it works awesome on a Shepherd. They will absolutely die for you.

Platz (pronounced like plots) = Lay down
Sitz = sit
Foost = heel
Any word you choose (make sure it is not one that will come up accidently) can be used for a kill command.

#18 ·
Cletus the 120 pound yellow lab. How can it get any better than that? :D
That is one BIG A$$ LAB!! I have seen a Marine dog that was a German Shepard and all I know is that it was cool seeing it attack the padded thing you wear on your arm. That thing was small but it would knock you to the ground real fast when it was told to. It could be in the air lunging at you and if it was called off it would just run into you and then sit in front of you.

#25 ·
I had an all white sheperd when I was a kid named lisa. That was the best dog a kid could have. Now I have a lab/sheperd mix named diesel that knows im the boss buy is very protective of the wife and kids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.