Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Will my 7.3 beat a 6.0

12K views 95 replies 35 participants last post by  imelmo 
#1 ·
I got a 97 f-250 With the dp tuner at 100 hp do you think i could beat a 2004 f-250 with the 6.0 with 37 in tires and a banks 6 gun?

#5 ·
He oughta be able to run about a high 14/low 15 with the Bank's stuff and 37's if he's a decent driver, a far cry from 13's like a 6.0 can get with an SCT though.

#9 ·
Not a chance.............. unless you have your injectors modified!!!!

#16 ·
Take out any tools, seats, seatbelts, dash, hood...
Get my idea? you don't have the same power as him, so if you make yourself alot lighter :poke:

That's a joke, don't do it. he's got you by a bit, but it ain't gonna hurt to race...

#18 ·
They are all right, just do it, no biggie if you lose, awsome if you win but dont get your hopes high and i wouldnt bet on it. But also pull out everything (within reason) that you can like they said, tools or box, and other junk in the cab that can weigh you down.

#20 ·
Go have fun and see what you need next time you run him.:D

#22 ·
I know my truck smokes some 6 ohs thats only if they are running tunes. Anymore then that and I dont see me winning anything.

#23 ·
Why don't both of you pull a trailer and see what happens.

#28 ·
Get a set of stage IIs and a 17* hpop with tunes for that and bye bye 6oh!!! Tranny and turbo may not last long but you could take him so easily.

#30 ·
Probably not!!! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.