Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What is the best tranny

8K views 77 replies 44 participants last post by  bruce51d 
#1 ·
I'm in need of a new 4R100 and was wondering what is a good aftermarket upgrade. What is everybody running?

#59 ·
Reread the warranty. There is a section that tells you that once you put a "non-approved" tune or words to that effect, the warranty is history.

My BTS, OTOH, has no limits like that. Word is that unless I shoot it, that is the last trans I am paying for in that vehicle.

#15 ·
BTS right here. I love the thing

#19 ·
john woods and holding strong.

#26 ·
the warranty means nothing unless where you get the tranny from stands behind it. That is what is so great about BTS. I would think JW and DI would stand up for there product just as firm to.

#30 ·
So much crap in here about this. I have heard of an instance where BTS would not help one of their customers. I will not mention names but it has happpened. I have ridden in 2 trucks with BTS transmissions and they did not shift anywhere near as well as my John Wood tranny. Not even close.

John partners with Jody at DP tuner. Together they do an excellent job.

I believe the tunes are part of what makes the BTS transmissions shift so hard. Firm is good but you don't have to be jerked out of the seat.

I have seen John Wood perform warranty work years after a warranty expired just because he takes care of his clients. You can get no better.

#37 ·
besides not mentioning names....are you sure youre not leaving out any other vital parts of this story?

do you not think briant teams up with tuners also to get the shifting PERFECT? the tuning has quite a bit to do with the shifting, youre absolutely correct. if you ask brian how they should shift he will never tell you hard. you want the truck to literally accelerate through the shift and not bang. Never heard his closing fist vs clapping hands analogy?

we run the ever living piss out of bts trannies. does this mean weve never had issues? nothing is unbreakable but weve done some downright retarded stuff to his trannies and he has stood behind them every time, even when we didnt ask nor expect him to.

on that note, i dont think you could go wrong with a jw tranny either. he builds just as awesome of a product. like said above, pick your pony and ride it.

#31 ·
So much crap in here about this. I have heard of an instance where BTS would not help one of their customers. I will not mention names but it has happpened. I have ridden in 2 trucks with BTS transmissions and they did not shift anywhere near as well as my John Wood tranny. Not even close.
You can't satisfy everybody. I'm sure John has a few unhappy customers too. It's going to happen eventually to every business, no matter how good you are. If someone has a bad BTS experience, let them post up as to why. Or maybe you can explain.

John partners with Jody at DP tuner. Together they do an excellent job.
Jody loves both the BTS and JW transmissions, and can tune for either one. He's been tuning BTS for a bit longer though.

I believe the tunes are part of what makes the BTS transmissions shift so hard. Firm is good but you don't have to be jerked out of the seat.
My BTS doesn't jerk. Just a nice firm and quick shift. Same with all the other BTS trucks I've ridden in. Everybody that gets in my truck comments on how well it shifts.

I have seen John Wood perform warranty work years after a warranty expired just because he takes care of his clients. You can get no better.
Brian at BTS does the exact same thing.

Not sure what the point was of your post, but by reading this thread, it's obvious there are lots of satisfied customers who support both BTS and JW. I think just about all the die hard BTS fans still respect John Woods and the work that he does, and lots of JW customers respect Brian for the same reason. These guys both have rock solid reputations nationwide. That's hard to accomplish, and tough to beat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.