Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Pin Stripe Removal

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  ActionRick 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Any tricks, tools etc for removing the factory pinstripe, without damaging the paint.

I have already tried heat gun, no luck.

It is faded and nasty looking and i want it off.

Thanks.

#4 ·
theres a thing for the end of a drill. i think its called something like pinstrip earser or someting. and well use that at votech all the time and it works good

#8 ·
nope it wont hurt your paint. Its just like a big round eraser. We use them all the time to take off stripes and stickers. When you get it all off you will prolly still have a line where the stripe was. The paint underneath the stripe hasnt faded like the rest of the paint.

#7 ·
Every time i have taken of a pinstripe i have used a good head gun and a putty knife and once you start to get it up just keep a little heat on it.

#14 ·
go to pep boys if you have one, they have them there. if not just find an auto body paint supplier or napa, they also carry them.

once the sticker part of the strip is off, there will be residue everywhere. use a clean rag and denatured alchohol to remove the rest of the goop and stickiness, then wax it. it will look like a new truck

#12 ·
No those little things last a good while. I took off my 4X4 stickers with those, then you just take a polisher and buff the rubber marks off paint, works slicker than.....

#13 ·
No those little things last a good while. I took off my 4X4 stickers with those, then you just take a polisher and buff the rubber marks off paint, works slicker than...owl snot
Finished it for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.