Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Ram Air Hood

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  NastyCracker 
#1 ·
Anybody interested in seeing my home made ram air hood with cowl induction. I did it about a year or more ago and did the fab work and body work myself, then had the local Ford dealer paint it for me. But the bad thing is that the bond o has done crack and some has come off. Look good when it was done, but not as pretty now. I used the stock intake box with the ram air because for me it was just beggin for ram air. Now my question is, the S&B air box still has the stock air inlet, I can just put the second half on it and it may help. Don't know much about the S&B units.

#3 ·
I made the cowl by using a piece from the first prototype hood and cut slits on the main hood. I wanted to keep as much weather out of the engine compartment as possible then about a half inch of bondo. Using a piece of a the same hood kept the the same style.

#6 ·
:whs:

#9 ·
Ok guys. Here you. Enjoy!

#10 ·
I got a few more if you want to see them.

#12 ·
Without doin a dyno side by side all I can tell you is that I probably got a pound or two more boost and literally cold air that is pushed to the turbo instead of the turbo having to suck it to it.

#14 ·
The stock air box has a drain on it and the air goes up so I should be OK. on the cowl, it lets heat out but that's about it.

#15 ·

Another one I forget to put up.

#19 ·
Zoo dad MOD?

#17 ·
thats pretty cool, gotcha a nostril up front, I like it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.