Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Hit a monster buck buck with the sd tonight

2K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  ironworker25 
#1 ·
was coming home from thanksgiving with the family when i hit a huge buck prolly around 10-12 pointer maybe bigger..pretty much ruined my front bumper looks like a hit a pole. Couldn't find the deer going back in the morning. I wil post pictures when i get to my computer.

#5 ·
As mentioned good thing you were in the truck. Bumpers dont cost that much so maybe you will get lucky fixing it.

#7 ·
YES!!!! im not the only one that hits deer! LOL just kidding with ya, point is that your alright.... they make a hell of a thud when you smack them dont they? LOL

BTW i have an 04 bumper for sale but it is sold for now, ill let you know if it falls through

#8 ·
i have a bunch of bumpers and grills off of a 05 if you would like one. let me know! They have the fog lights in them too

#10 ·
good thing you were in a SD and everyone was ok.

i was with a buddy and we hit an elk and it bent the ubolts on the front axle, broke the leaf spring bolt that keeps the springs together,moved the axle back like 2in, took out the bumber, headlight, grill, and the fender and hood.

#12 ·
glad you are ok. i almost hit one last nite, but i was driving my saturn. that could of been real bad.

#13 ·
Worst accident I ever seen was a saturn late 90's or early 00's model (plastic body) and a semi. Think the saturn got over in front of the semi and didn't have room. There was broken plastic body panels for a half mile and then luggage and a crumpled heap of steel. The semi's bumper was slightly bent and the lug nut covers were missing.

Glad to hear everyone is ok.

#14 ·
Glad to hear that you are ok and not much damage was done. Can't wait to see pics when you post some.

#15 ·
I got pictures but i have to get back to computer I will have them up tommorow. Went back today found pieces of the lights but the deer somehow made it off. Tough bastard bc it looks like a hit a telephone pole. Insurance is covering it and I also don't have a deductible ne ways. I am going to talk to my body shop guy and I may be able to work out a conversion as everything is ruined ecxept one headlight and turn signal. I don't think the cost would be much diff. but I don't know how that will go w insurance.

#16 ·
You should be able to just get an estimate and a check from the insurance. It's up to you to get the damage fixed, however you choose to do so is up to you. I'm sure that varies from company to company, but the insurance companies that I've dealt with have their own figures for determining estimates and that's what you get.

A buddy of mine just had some moron sideswipe his mirror, breaking it off and thrashing the hood. He just got a check from the insurance co, bought the mirror and installed himself, and got an aftermarket hood for the truck. After all that, I don't think he was out any money, even having enough to cover the deductible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.